Where do gyms buy their weight equipment

ShoMeSomeFun

Like the title says. Where can I buy weight lifting equipment, Im overseas on a military base so everything is free, but I plan on being home towards the end of the year and I can only find dumbbell sets that go to 55 lbs. Id like to get a set from 25lb to at least 120lb.

Also an adjustable bench with a free standing frame that I can adjust to be able to squats and bench presses.

Also like to get barbell plate set with the following 45lb x 6, 35lb x 2, 25 x 4, and 10lb x 2 plate sets, just like the one you see in a gym with 45lb bar, but online I only see these sets that have screw on type weights or they don't go as high in weight that Im used to doing.

In other words where does the gym buy its weight equipment? I understand this equipment is pricey I just like to know where to go besides craigslist b/c Im not home now to pick items up and most likely wont be for sale when Im home.

go find what brands you like and shop online ... they all have consumer grade gear

go find the management of the clubs (like Metro Fitness) ... most have overstock of gym gear in warehouses or storage. If you want the club grade gear you can get some well maintained gear at a decent price

i like troy dumbbells. i like the ones with plates on each side---the non-solid ones. i think they are called troy pro-style dumbbells. i'm looking for a full set---5-100lbs, and then maybe a 110 and 120 set.

http://www.dumbbellbuddy.com/dumbbellpacks/troygrey_rubber_endcap.html

I guess I never thought about how much it would cost for all of the dumbbells. Damn.

barrys barbell can get you what ever you want. Your looking for "olympic" weights.

Correct. Does barrys have a website? I remember when I lived in Atlanta I lived right next to a weight equipment-to-gym distributor (individuals could buy items too), is this the same kind of thing?

i like troy dumbbells. i like the ones with plates on each side---the non-solid ones. i think they are called troy pro-style dumbbells. i'm looking for a full set---5-100lbs, and then maybe a 110 and 120 set.

http://www.dumbbellbuddy.com/dumbbellpacks/troygrey_rubber_endcap.html

I was looking for the bowflex concept of a single set/pair that you can set a certain weight to what you want I remembered seeing them years ago but now I lift/curl more than what one of those sets can provide. I like the idea of them saving space but I have enough room to have a full set/range of dumbells. Id rather have dumbells than a bench-press/bar even though I have room for both.

Im all about putting my money into a local business. Ill most likely buy their "ohio bar" but source out for a power rack, plates, and bench somewhere else.

Why not get that stuff too? They do great work. Bill, the owner, is a retired National Guardsman.

Why not get that stuff too? They do great work. Bill, the owner, is a retired National Guardsman.

If I cant find a better price then I will, but theres nothing wrong with me trying to find the best deal. Do you think he'll offer a military/veteran discount?

I guess I never thought about how much it would cost for all of the dumbbells. Damn.

its crazy. i thought about getting every 10lbs once you get past 50lbs, but i don't think they make sets like that. we just added a huge home gym in our basement, so i've got a shit ton of room. will likely get the whole set.