SCCA Performance Driving Experience (PDX) at Mid-Ohio 8/30

downingracing

The Ohio Valley Region SCCA is hosting a PDX at the Mid-Ohio sports car course on Friday the 30th (8/30/13). Registration is online at: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/B5F41A38-F869-ADD5-E9EA97F48016F606#.Ug-mncu9KSM

Let me know if you have any questions. If you'd like to be an instructor - let me know your experience/history. Hope to see some of you at the track! This event is always a great time!

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
This was a great event! Tons of track time and aside from one of our guys putting his race car into the tire wall and a few cars with motor issues - everyone had a good time! If you haven't done a track day, you don't know what you are missing.

Who hit the wall and who had motor issues?

We were shaking down one of our ITA Civics to make sure we had a handling problem corrected. We did, but Butch pushed it into T1 and ended up hitting the tirewall outside T1 pretty hard. Pancaked the whole passenger side. Just cosmetic and he raced all weekend.

One Subaru and one BMW left on rollbacks. I know the Subaru had a motor problem and heard the BMW had the same issue.

I'm glad he had a great time! The weather was awesome and the lower turnout (we always seem to have) made the track very open and no real traffic issues. Everyone played nice and all seemed to leave happy. Even the Subaru driver was having a great day and was upset he didn't get to stay at the track for the day.

We were close to a 1-1 instructor to student ratio. Hopefully next year we can make that happen!

I raced the double regional this weekend. Won on Saturday and won the trophy dash race Sunday morning. Was leading the afternoon race when the drivers side tire came de-laminated and trashed the front of the car. (Pic later). Here is the video - this does not do justice to the violent shaking going on during the event (and before which is why I was going slower than normal).

• 2 weeks later...

This is the video from Dan Hardison (ITB car). He spun on the 2nd (ish) lap and his Dad was coming thru turn one and lost it (kinda trying to avoid Dan, but I think he had lost it prior to that). Very close! Car ended up in the tirewall (hard) but since there is no guardrail behind the stacks, the damage was minimal.

http://www.danhardison.com/misc/T1_spin.wmv