Columbus Restaurant recommendations $60-$80 for two

Benner

I'm a huge fan of Ruth Chris put its a little more pricey if your planning to drink

I'm a big fan of all those nicer steak houses. The steaks are usually pretty damn good but the service is what you're paying for. Smith and Wollensky's is like that and so is Mitchell's. Probably not as well known but Ruth's Chris has a killer cheeseburger. :D At least the one in downtown Atlanta does. I went to Atlanta through work a couple of times and stayed at the Embassy there that has a Ruth's Chris in the lobby. Room service Ruth's Chris was pretty kick ass. Pretty expensive burger but was damn good. I'm a burger guy though...love them....and will order those if I'm not in the mood for a full steak dinner. Steak houses in general usually have a good burger. Texas Roadhouse is another one that has a good burger and Columbus Brewing has a good one also.

I'm a big fan of all those nicer steak houses. The steaks are usually pretty damn good but the service is what you're paying for. Smith and Wollensky's is like that and so is Mitchell's. Probably not as well known but Ruth's Chris has a killer cheeseburger. :D At least the one in downtown Atlanta does. I went to Atlanta through work a couple of times and stayed at the Embassy there that has a Ruth's Chris in the lobby. Room service Ruth's Chris was pretty kick ass. Pretty expensive burger but was damn good. I'm a burger guy though...love them....and will order those if I'm not in the mood for a full steak dinner. Steak houses in general usually have a good burger. Texas Roadhouse is another one that has a good burger and Columbus Brewing has a good one also.

Nice! Texas Roadhouse is really good considering the price! One of the best steaks I've ever had in my life was from Cadillac Ranch in Denver Colorado.

we're supposed to go back to Chicago in December......if we do I think David Burke's is near the top of my list. I want to try their 75 day dry aged ribeye but it's not available all the time. Bunch of good steak houses there though so something might change between now and then.

Best steak is at the Pittsburgh capital grille. They have other locations but that's the best I've had. I also think that locally... Mitchell's is very good. Also, in third place would be the Signature Room in chicago. You might call it sacrelige but I always do some sort of Gorgonzola crust on my steaks, and hopefully some sweet red wine reduction under the steak.

So really enjoyed getting to go out last night to a nice higher end restaurant. We're thinking once we're married we may have to try and go on a nice dinner date every two to three weeks to different higher end restaurants around the Columbus area (if finances permit it)

This is not a dick comment coming from me. simply a question.

Have you had Mitchell's Ribeye?

This is not a dick answer from me.

No, I haven't. I'm not a Ribeye fan (calm down steak fans). I have had Mitchells steaks before, and they are top 3. I just think J. Gilberts does it better imo. Maybe I should give it a shot (ribeye at Mitchells).

J Gilbert's is good, but I cannot give them a "top 3 in the city" award. Wood fired flavor masks the taste too much for me. I think it takes away from the flavor. Now, I know I said I like Gorgonzola crust!!! My palate recognizes the broiled steak flavor underneath the cheese.

So really enjoyed getting to go out last night to a nice higher end restaurant. We're thinking once we're married we may have to try and go on a nice dinner date every two to three weeks to different higher end restaurants around the Columbus area (if finances permit it)

The wife and I try to do it once a month. But its a good plan!

This is not a dick comment coming from me. simply a question.

Have you had Mitchell's Ribeye?

I was HIGHLY disappointed in Mitchell's and the ribeye I had there. I've had a better ribeye from longhorns.

Have yet to try Hyde park or J. Alexander's

I can appreciate just about any way a steak is cooked. I think wood is like any other seasoning. It just adds depth and flavor to the meat. I've had char broiled too though and it does highlight the beef taste. I like my steaks seasoned whether it's a steak house's own seasoning mix or just salt and pepper. It all just compliments the meat. I don't do steak sauce although I don't give people shit that do. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to their food. After a year or two of marriage I finally convinced my wife to try her steak medium rare and without sauce. She's been eating that way ever since. She grew up on well done steaks smothered in A-1. To me that's not appreciating the steak but rather just figuring out a way to choke it down. :D That's just the way they ate them growing up though and it was all she knew. Blood on my plate used to gross her out....now she says "That looks like it was cooked good." :D