130mph road burn

Zoner1320

So last night I am on shift at the fire station. At 1am got a call for a motorcycle crash. I as always got that sick feeling when there is a crash with a motorcycle. When we got to the crash we found a guy laying in the middle of the road. He suprised us by being alive (which rarely happens). He comes out of his unconcious state and begins crying of pain. I asked him if he new how fast he was going? His response was last I looked was 130mph. Now I know this he was wearing a helmet cuz he was still alive. When the ambulance arrived we loaded him and they left.

I started to look for the helmet and more importantly his bike. I found his helmet about 100 yards east of where he was laying. His bike about a 1/4 mile south of where he was laying. The bike was a 2008 Gixer with temp tags about 2 weeks old. Later it was found that he just left the bar and had alot to drink. Does anyone tak e there bike to a bar and ride it drunk? Not me. won't even touch a beer bottle

I have on occasion ridden to the bar...and had a couple of drinks.....

But I try not to ride if I have had more than a couple of beers or I feel anything.

I know some will say one is one too many on a bike....but I do not think a single beer or two...or maybe three....puts you into a place where you shouldnt be operating your bike.

Now granted it depends on your individual tolerance limit..and your size.

I am a 250lb guy...so it takes a bit more to get me tipsy.

My shiny Nickels worth.

Hell no... I had 2 beers exactly once. I was amazed at how slow my reaction time/coordination was on the bike where I otherwise wouldn't have noticed. I was real uneasy... Never again.

Just out of CUriousity.....How often do you actually drink....and....Whats your weight?

so his helmet wasn't strapped on? yikes...must have been wasted
not sure if it was strapped on or not. there was some severe damage to it. his sketcher shoes were knocked off his feet. his face looked like it was ground half off. so I am thinking during the slide his helmet was not on long.

The dude......lucky.....he was...

If I am out for a serious ride I don't touch alcohol. If just rolling to neighborhood bars...yes I do drink some beer (probably which I shouldn't) but not my face off.

Edited by Kosmo

When I went to bars before I got married I went to get drunk. My bike never told me to go to a bar. It always told me to ride the shit out of it instead. I drove my car to bars or rode there with a friend. I didn't need the bike to get laid by a drunk chick. :lol: Ooooh yeah.

I'm not a big drinker, but used to be. I try to stick to the legal limit on the road. That's bad enough on a bike. I've been tanked on a bike a couple of times, and it's best to just go home.

It's usually not comfortable, don't want to lean in turns, and head hurts when hitting bumps in the road. Whiskey might be the exception. Makes you want to go really fast until you suddenly stop.

Sure as Hell wouldn't try it on a brand new bike...

And still wondering how bike, rider and helmet parted ways at right angles. I think the helmet just bounced off to the side.

and still wondering how bike, rider and helmet parted ways at right angles. I think the helmet just bounced off to the side.

Well I am not exactly sure if it was exactly east of him. It could have bounced but still if you think about it the only thing that he hit was the road. yeah it could have bounced off the road during the slide. I know this equation never sounds good let alone looks good. Dude in one direction + helmet in another direction with a good distance between the two = Damn gonna feel that one.

^^^He probably didn't have the strap fastened.

Which is the next question on my list... What is the sense of having a helmet on at 130mph and not strapping it. drunk or not is common sense really that compromised?

just saw a guy i used to hang out with in highschool here and there yesterday. talking to him for a minute and noticed hir right arm was half gone(not amputated) and asked what the hell happened. told me he came over a hill doing around 100 and a car pulled out in front of him and wrecked into a gaurdrail and trees.. spent 6 weeks in a coma, and another 6 in the hospital, and still needs more surgeries. was wearing a t shirt pants and helmet. made me think about all those times i dont wear a jacket. another guy lucky to be alive

Which is the next question on my list... What is the sense of having a helmet on at 130mph and not strapping it. drunk or not is common sense really that compromised?

There's been a few times on group rides rushing because everyone is waiting that I've got going and felt the strap beating the shit out of my neck within a few 100 feet of leaving. I'd pull over and strap it. I don't know how that strap at that speed wasn't beating the crap out of him or the wind wanting to blow his helmet off.

just saw a guy i used to hang out with in highschool here and there yesterday. talking to him for a minute and noticed hir right arm was half gone(not amputated) and asked what the hell happened. told me he came over a hill doing around 100 and a car pulled out in front of him and wrecked into a gaurdrail and trees.. spent 6 weeks in a coma, and another 6 in the hospital, and still needs more surgeries. was wearing a t shirt pants and helmet. made me think about all those times i dont wear a jacket. another guy lucky to be alive

Kinda goes with the whole t shirt shorts and flip flop thing