Raising Cane's....

Putty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take one of my Ops assistants to Cane's every week. I've learned to control my appetite to a Caniac that I eat half at lunch, then take the rest home and eat it for dinner. (It's usually catch-as-catch-can at mah haus:lol:). Sweet tea is almost TOO sweet, so I do half-n-half with unsweetened tea mixed in.

I've heard a couple of stories about bad experiences, but with Cane's I don't believe the haters: been there so many times I've lost count and the food is always top-notch.

It's a 1/2 mile away from my work, and about 3/4 mile from my apartment. I've contributed most of my weight gains in the year since I've moved to Columbus to Caniac's :lolguy:

But it is damn good food, any friend I know from out of town I insist on a meal at Cane's. They always walk away saying it was the best meal that they have had.

I tried calling them twice yesterday to see if they were open, they weren't.

My GF and I went yesterday and honest to God there were 5 cars in the drive thru and the place was closed. I got out of line and went to the door. It was a ghost town in there. I pulled off sad and laughing at people still sitting waiting to order.

Great... Now I want Cane's for lunch... lol I always get extra toast instead of the slaw. :) Extra Caine's sauce too for my fries.

Like a pro.

Some are better than others, and I don't know what takes so damn long there's hardly anything on the menu. Still tasty though.

Caniac, no slaw, extra piece of toast instead. Then you make mini chicken sandwiches!!

http://i.imgur.com/AjlAhk6.jpg

Went yesterday to get some for lunch and they were closed (damn them for having employee picnics and whatnot on holidays) but will not be denied today!

Love it, just trying not to eat so much bad stuff these days (down 20lbs and falling!) But had some today. :D Sandwich combo, no lettuce, extra Caine's sauce.

The one issue I have is their fries. As fries go, they're ok. I've had much better, and I've have much worse. The problem is that when you put them on a plate along with the rest of Caine's offerings, they are very disappointing. I mentioned this to the owner of the store near where I work and he said "I know. I have ONE freezer in that place and it's because of those fries."

The fry guy at Caine's needs to meet the fry guy at Johnny Burcelli's.

Bro it's chicken.

Know why everything tastes like chicken? Because all chicken tastes the same. Breading is the only flavor and the breading at canes when I had it was soggy. (Strike1) I'll take extra crispy chicken fingers from KFC any day.