anyone work at or know Hatfield VW?

slowyota

What happened to wife's car? I can set you up with people that have been there for years that work on all my cars. Ken is a great tech and I trust him. If you go to Byers have Garrett work on your car. Why care about the service writer when the tech does all the work?

What happened to wife's car? I can set you up with people that have been there for years that work on all my cars. Ken is a great tech and I trust him. If you go to Byers have Garrett work on your car. Why care about the service writer when the tech does all the work?

well, we took it to MAG for the scheduled maintaince, a brake flush was part of the service, and my wife called me and said that it was making a bad noise when she turned, so i drove it, and there was a terrible screeching/grinding noise when turning,

I got underneath and found the tech left his wrench on the bleeder screw on the driver front caliper, and it dug into the rim and messed up inner fenderwell.. i called mag, couldnt get thru, finally got a call back next day, they wanted us to drop off the car, but wouldnt give us a loaner, so i had to argue, finally got a loaner lined up, and they took care of the damage, which they should have, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth about there service.. i mean, if she was driving and that wrench jammed in the wheel or another object and either loosened/ripped bleeder off she could have gotten into an accident and seriously hurt.

And i am not saying i wanted or expected anything for free, but damn, after something like this you would imagine they would try to do something to win my loyalty back and get me to return to them, but nothing.

Had a great experience with Hatfield VW. My new 2011 GTI developed a smell after a few weeks that got stronger as time progressed. They were diligent in trying to eliminate it and easy to work with. After the second attempt to fix it failed, they voluntarily traded me strait up for another new 2011 GTI. MIne had 11,000 miles on it at the time. No talk of lemon law and no cash to pay for the 11,000 miles. If you lemon law, you must pay for the mileage you used on your car. They couldn't have handled it any better.