Hot Rod Power Tour

Stretch

I've been wanting to do this for so long but doesn't feel right doing one in a modern car.

From the pictures I've seen and people I've talked to who have done it previously, there are tons of modern cars.

I have done it a few times and hope to do it this coming as well. Its VERY fun

Do you do the entire trip?

I've done it several times. The drag and autocross events are a must to break up the repetitive nature of the daily meet-ups. I'm glad they are headed north again. Some of the routes have been brutal when they stay down south in the heat. I didn't go this year due to a vacation conflict. I am going to wait for the route to go out west to do another tour. Each day you have to haul a$$ to get to the meet-up if you want to get there before the vendors are shutting down. I recommend an early start skipping the drivers meeting. It isn't unusual for me to put nearly 3k miles in during a tour including the to and from legs. They avoid highways and I always add stops along the way (like any car museums or tracks I want to visit). Keep in mind it is almost exclusively an American car event. Mostly pre-70s but there is always a good contingent of newer vettes, firebirds, camaros, rustangs, etc.

I've done it several times. The drag and autocross events are a must to break up the repetitive nature of the daily meet-ups. I'm glad they are headed north again. Some of the routes have been brutal when they stay down south in the heat. I didn't go this year due to a vacation conflict. I am going to wait for the route to go out west to do another tour. Each day you have to haul a$$ to get to the meet-up if you want to get there before the vendors are shutting down. I recommend an early start skipping the drivers meeting. It isn't unusual for me to put nearly 3k miles in during a tour including the to and from legs. They avoid highways and I always add stops along the way (like any car museums or tracks I want to visit). Keep in mind it is almost exclusively an American car event. Mostly pre-70s but there is always a good contingent of newer vettes, firebirds, camaros, rustangs, etc.

Thanks for the info.

Do they provide you a route to take? Or does everybody just go whichever way they want to get to the next spot?

• 2 months later...
Digging this back up. Thinking this is the year I do it, probably Charleston to Crown Point then break off and visit my old stomping grounds in SW Mich. I was curious how the route went and such, if they would come through central Oh or take I-77 to Cleveland and cross up there.