Any love for the Alfa 4C Yet?

Mr. Jones

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be what the next miata is based off of?

No.

No idea, but can't imagine a $2x,xxx to $3x,xxx miata having a carbon fiber tub and mid engine layout.

Exactly.

I find the car very appealing and would buy it in a second if I had the cash.

This is going to be what the next miata is based off of?

No, Alfa and Mazda are going to work together on a totally different design. I've posted it here before, the Alfa Duettottanta is the concept car you should refer to for a tent-pitching glimpse at the future.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/03/02-pininfarina-alfa.jpg

edit: Not going to say anything more about the 4C other than serious buyers should contact me. They've already increased their expected production numbers, but they'll only send around 500-1000 to the U.S by my estimate.

My 2 cents:

They originally projected it was going to be 75k+ which would put it far outside what I would consider it worth. 50's for a 2000lb RWD Carbon fiber tub, mid engine that will obviously have a good aftermarket, and not have to be a contortionist to fit it, is very compelling. My main concern is with the DSG. If it's like the older/lower displacement motor DSG's that VW used, they are dry clutches which won't tolerate much more power. If it's the newer wet plates, there is hope of it holding additional power pretty well.

I'm fairly excited for this car. I think it would be a great AutoX contender. :)

My main concern is with the DSG. If it's like the older/lower displacement motor DSG's that VW used, they are dry clutches which won't tolerate much more power. If it's the newer wet plates, there is hope of it holding additional power pretty well.

I'm fairly excited for this car. I think it would be a great AutoX contender. :)

If by not holding much more power, you mean they can easily handle 50-150% more power than stock, then yes....

It didn't watch the whole vid but did it mention the massive weight increase for the US spec car? The overall weight would still be very low, but the increase was still significant. Maybe ours will receive a power bump, as well.

220 lbs extra for US, i think.

Unassisted, No frills, Light weight.

And even the design is kind of reminding me of TVR.

I LIKE IT!

And the 8C also looks really nice, but a MR Turbo 4 banger... Yeah, sounds fun to me.

because the 4 cylinder will rev a lot faster and a LOT higher than the V8