Any love for the Alfa 4C Yet?

Mr. Jones

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope these come over and come to the Maserati dealers soon. ;) With the internet you guys will see everything as I hear it. Lamborghini is the only one holding back about the new car for now, and it is nice to have the information before the customers have it.

I hope these come over and come to the Maserati dealers soon. ;) With the internet you guys will see everything as I hear it. Lamborghini is the only one holding back about the new car for now, and it is nice to have the information before the customers have it.

And for my sake I hope you're wrong ;)

And for my sake I hope you're wrong ;)
From what I see they switched this a few months ago. Otherwise I wouldn't know about it cause we don't have Fiat here. With the guys overseas I'm just waiting for them to get the cars here.

From what I see they switched this a few months ago. Otherwise I wouldn't know about it cause we don't have Fiat here. With the guys overseas I'm just waiting for them to get the cars here.

When Alfa comes over full time, it'll be sold by FIAT. If they don't do it that way, I'm almost certain 30+% of FIAT dealers will just drop out of the game. Many are losing money right now and FIAT can't afford that hit to their dealer network.

I think the 4C will follow this formula but I wouldn't be surprised if, due to its exclusiveness, it were distributed through Maserati simply because they are only going to sell 1500 of them here.

I think it's funny that in the video they keep ragging on the 4C for being inferior, but it's all over their back end the entire time.

Wait, so doing mad tyte drifts isn't the fastest way to get around a turn? YOU DON'T SAY...

Notice the 4c isn't, while they are...

Wait, so doing mad tyte drifts isn't the fastest way to get around a turn? YOU DON'T SAY...

Notice the 4c isn't, while they are...

Notice Autocar is a for-profit enterprise and until FIAT acquired Chrysler, Alfa is not exactly in a financial position to advertise a lot.

Just like the 8C, it may not be the most amazing thing on track, but holy hell it's beautiful and I bet it's a hell of a lot more fun to drive when you're actually behind the wheel than the vid made it seem.

This car would get absolutely murdered by a stock, automatic trans C7 base model Corvette at pretty much every track in the country, and the Corvette would be cheaper to boot. Since everyone knows there, dare I say that nobody who buys a 4C is really buying it for its track prowess.

As for me, I can barely afford $5,400 for a 2-seater toy, let alone $54,000, so I'll leave you all to your caviar and monocles.

You mean a 1.75L turbo 4 can't hang with a 6.2L V8?

I'm sure a Vette would kill an Elise on track too, but that's not to say that the Elise isn't a great track/driver's car. I don't think the goal of this car is to get the lowest lap time, but more about the driving experience. My problem with the video review is that they rag on the car because the front end washes out when driving through patches of water when pushing the car hard. I would guess the tires on the 4C are more suited for dry conditions and have a much higher limit of grip than the 86.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm happy to announce that my dealer group will be the exclusive Alfa Romeo dealer in Columbus. Just got the call this morning. I hope to be the only one in Ohio but I bet we'll have at least 1 if not 2 competitors.

I've got no interest in breaking any rules regarding vendors/advertising so I'm not putting the name of my dealer group in here, but interested parties should PM me. If this post still breaks rules, please PM me a non-rule-breaking way to post this news up.

Forgive me if I seem overly excited, this is a confirmation of 3 years of hard work I've put in to the FIAT store.

I'm happy to announce that my dealer group will be the exclusive Alfa Romeo dealer in Columbus. Just got the call this morning. I hope to be the only one in Ohio but I bet we'll have at least 1 if not 2 competitors.

I've got no interest in breaking any rules regarding vendors/advertising so I'm not putting the name of my dealer group in here, but interested parties should PM me. If this post still breaks rules, please PM me a non-rule-breaking way to post this news up.

Forgive me if I seem overly excited, this is a confirmation of 3 years of hard work I've put in to the FIAT store.

Congrats.

The uncertain responses I've received from various "credible" sources as turned me away from the brand. Hopefully they set things up correctly once these get here....

Congrats.

The uncertain responses I've received from various "credible" sources as turned me away from the brand. Hopefully they set things up correctly once these get here....

In the sense that the car will not be all it's cracked up to be?

I've got no leg to stand on one way or another, I'm just curious as to what perception of the car at launch will be.