E.O.I.C Valve Adjustment vs TDC???

hpfiend

Hey all-

It seems as if I adjust my rockers using EOIC method I get them too tight and lose compression. If I go to TDC I don't have any problems- what I am I doing wrong?

Turn engine until exhaust valve moves off its seat, adjust intake valve on same cylinder. Turn engine until intake valve goes fully open and then half way closed, adjust exhaust valve on same cylinder.

VS

Bring cylinder to TDC and adjust intake and exhaust on that cylinder.

Thanks!

Books and others have told me that the TDC method is only accurate on stock camshaft profiles.

Cam is 224/224 at .050 .450/.460 114 LSA I don't know how much overlap is involved there but

fortunately this cam is a factory profile for an 80s Corvette.

I had a much wilder cam in my mustang which I did EOIC on there as well (dunno if TDC method would have worked in that case) and good friend Rob LaSota let me know I screwed that one up too and he fixed it for me ;)

I like the eioc method. I think you may be letting the intake valve come up too far before you adjust the exhaust. I wait until the intake valve JUST starts to close. This should cover any crazy cam overaps. For me it is faster and it will work on any engine reguardless of firing order or cam overlap.