Kona Pipeline Porter Now Availible

acklac7

Thread worthy? Probably not. But the thread in which we we were talking about micro brews is old/locked.

At any rate this is one of my favorite brews, and it's only available for a few months out of the year. Got the last 6 pack at Target tonight. If you can find it grab some up, usually sells out fast.

http://konabrewingco.com/konabrewingco/files/2011/03/Pipeline_Bottle_Pour1.png

I had Sierra Nevada's porter this past week. While drinkable, nothing special. To be honest, Bell's has the best porters I have ever had in my life. I wish I could get Bell's down here.

I will check out the Kona beer. I know they sell some varieties down here. I will try to see if they have the porter.

I'm waiting for Kona's Wailua Wheat to come out. Such a good beer reminds me of sitting on a beach in Kauai.

Wailua is here. A couple of the fancier Krogers carry it in their "build your own 6-pack", although they are usually sold out. I used to love the Big Wave, now Wailua is my fav.

Wailua is here. A couple of the fancier Krogers carry it in their "build your own 6-pack", although they are usually sold out. I used to love the Big Wave, now Wailua is my fav.

My productivity at work today just fell off reading this... I will be in search of my weekend beer now.

When i was in Maui with my wife and a couple friends we tried all available Kona beers.

i HATED them all!

Big Wave - Poop Longboard - Poop

Fire Rock - Poop Koko Brown Nut - Poop

we ended up drinking Primo most of the time. (not bad when ice cold btw)

i gave them another try a couple months ago when we saw their Wailua series

i think there were 2 or 3 of them. found them at Giant Eagle.

i actually Liked both the Wailua Ale and Wailua Wheat (i'm more of an Ale/Lager person)

i will have to try the Porter, but i'm NOT gonna get my hopes up.

J.R.

Just got some to drink tonight. They have 6 packs of this and 2 others from Kona Brewing, can't remember which ones, at Savor.

I might only have 1 though, it's national Vodka day so I'm sure I will drink some of that. Might even have to go back out and pick up a bottle of something new to try. Any Vodka recommendations? I have every OYO they make, and my favorite every day, go to is Titos. I'll probably get some Watershed as I've not gotten anything from them yet, unless someone has an amazing suggestion.

• 1 month later...