Thinking about getting a new .22 pistol.

2pointslow

I've had a 22/45 for about 10 years that runs great and is easy and fun to shoot. It has at least 5k rounds through it, and I've never had any problems with it. They are trickier to strip/assemble compared to an M&P

I teach with a the MP 22, and the Ruger SR22

For me, the MP is dead simple and easy to work with. I'm pretty dialed in with it now and can shoot poker chips and golf balls with no issue. It eats any ammo I feed it. And I have tried some old junky ammo in it. It is my go to, planking pistol. The size it the same as the .40 or 9mm frame, so the size relation is an easy transition to my full size carry pistol. I'm a huge fan of hammerless pistols and the MP22 is just that.

Only issue, which was a non issue for me, was during breaking in the pistol I encountered numerous 2-3 round bursts. Haha. It was fun as hell. I could not duplicate it by ammo or doing anything intentionally. It happened dozens if times in the first 1000 rounds.

You said you were putting a can on it. I shot mine with one, the make escapes me right now. It's neat. It's quit. It's inaccurate though. At 20" I was shooting 3" left. Mind you, I shoot poker chips regularly with this gun. It was a total let down and I sold the can.

Pricing seems to very locally from $300ish - low $400. With LOE, I picked on up for $310 at Vance's.

If the SR22 is and option, the smaller frame is nice for some people. It is double action and a fun shooter as well. We have a couple of them, and shoot them often too. I had the same results with a can.

Hope this we helpful. Best of luck.