MSR sets new track record @Daytona

bdoz

Didn't know if anybody saw this, but MSR set new track records at Daytona with new v6 3.5L

ecoboost engine two days ago.

It was a fun long day of work but ford was really happy with us.

pretty cool what roush yates did with the engine.

here is a link to the video if you want to see it

anyone know details on the engine? i'm guessing it's not a production longblock.

At the end of the video some Ford Racing guy said it's the same engine that's in production cars. He then quickly corrected himself and said same block and heads. One can assume higher quality internals, better cams, big snails, etc, etc, race car.

That ford racing guy was Jamie Allison, the director of Ford Racing.

About the motor I don't know complete details but there is a member on here who works for roush yates, he might let you know the details.

I can tell you the car it self was built with same parts as our 60 and 6 car that we ran all season, the engine was a whole different story, lots more parts to worry about breaking and a lot more heat in engine bay.

Also after we broke the records, the next day we had to remove motor so the officials could measure internals , to make sure it was within spec.

This motor is what we will be running next year in our prototypes, we will just be running a lot less boost.

the motor had more in it , but i believe fuel rails couldn't feed anymore fuel, it is direct injection, with fly by wire. this motor is putting out over 700 hp @ wheels out of a stock block and heads.