Goodbye Mazda, Hello Ford

Fiji ST

After almost 9 years and 114,000 miles, I bid farewell to my Mazda3. It was a great car but some issues started to come up that I felt were not worth fixing. So I traded it in for one of these.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/naborgia/E31A2AEA-08DC-41C0-89B2-8D2AB349B8FF-8583-0000038DFD705AFE_zpsa0b293e0.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/naborgia/fc13a5f2-a0da-45b9-8ed4-6d05c4444fb1.jpg

I've had it for about a week now so no good pictures until this weekend, but I already love it. It's a total departure from the Mazda. It's so smooth and responsive. The biggest thing is much higher level of grip compared to the old car. I can push it so much faster and harder through the bends, yet I know there's more.

No modifications except for tint as I'm still educating myself on turbos, tunes, etc. I'm looking forward to learning on a new platform and hopefully trying it out at some autocross events next year.

Does it really feel tighter and more responsive than the 3?

Oh yeah. I mean, it's hard to compare the new one to a car that's 9 years old. But yes. It's much more refined (doors close with a nice "thunk") and the 1.8 lock-to-lock steering system is just ridiculous. Took me two days to get use to it, but it responds immediately and is nicely weighted and gives a good amount of feedback.

Oh yeah. I mean, it's hard to compare the new one to a car that's 9 years old. But yes. It's much more refined (doors close with a nice "thunk") and the 1.8 lock-to-lock steering system is just ridiculous. Took me two days to get use to it, but it responds immediately and is nicely weighted and gives a good amount of feedback.

Yeah 1.8 would do that. That has me intrigued. I might check one out as I need a new DD soon. Doubt I can get over the FWD however. They definitely look and seem a lot better than the old Focuses.

Great pickup. Enjoy.

how is the space in the back seat for a passengers? really like them and if I could get my boys to to fit in the back would seriously consider picking one up.

It's useable but really tight. I didn't get the Recaros so there's a bit more legroom. If your kids are still small, they should be fine.

What is the draw to this car? I am new to these cars entirely.

Looks cool though.

Ford's answer to the Speed3, GTI, etc. Turbocharged four, six-speed manual, sport suspension, upgraded brakes, etc.