My New Cruze Eco

Benner

People may not like the Cruze, but I think anyone who says they hate it is a fool. It's a solid car and provides excellent value. Definitely not going to set your soul on fire, but no one's buying it for that.

Congrats!

I'm not criticizing the cruze on the whole, it suits it's purpose just fine.

My gripe is mostly with their diesel offering. They intended to go after the VW TDI people with it, and it's failing miserable in that department. It's neither a value, nor do they have a manual.

VW TDI owners buy more manuals than just about any other demographic, and it's not even an option in Diesel Cruze land. I took a cruze diesel out for a nice 30-45 minute journey. The very lazy automatic just ruins the car. Once at speed on the highway the MPG numbers are very good.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've already found myself playing the mileage game. The ECO model has a couple different displays for fuel economy alone. One being average mileage over the course of either 25, 50, or 500 miles. One of the service writers at Chesrown challenged me to get 50mpg over 50 miles. He had a photo of one he took on a trip doing it.

I'm not criticizing the cruze on the whole, it suits it's purpose just fine.

My gripe is mostly with their diesel offering. They intended to go after the VW TDI people with it, and it's failing miserable in that department. It's neither a value, nor do they have a manual.

VW TDI owners buy more manuals than just about any other demographic, and it's not even an option in Diesel Cruze land. I took a cruze diesel out for a nice 30-45 minute journey. The very lazy automatic just ruins the car. Once at speed on the highway the MPG numbers are very good.

LMAO I didn't know they only had it auto.

Talk about not knowing your target demographic.

Congrats on the new ride

Same car as your wife though? wow that would be boring.

"I feel like driving something different today"...

Shit.

We rented on back in June to take to IFO in Pittsburgh. I actually enjoyed driving the car, it wasn't fast by any means but it was comfy, got great gas mileage and had plenty of room. Ours was the automatic LTZ model.

Even had a little fun with it on the track, ran 18.2, 18.2 then broke out on a 17.8 pass haha

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/SAM_9252_zps296ca860.jpg

These hark back to the Yaris type cars.

Not something you'd have FUN with daily.

I don't know if I can afford a fun daily, so I need to accept the fact that something like this might be best for me.

After diving that G8 a V8 daily is out unless my drive to work gets cut in half.

My mom has a '12 Cruze 2LT. I love it. Leather heated seats, nice sound system, fun little daily, and I love the electric steering. The only complaint I have is I'm so tall and with the seat all the way back when I look left or right the column between the front and rear seats blocks my sight. The manual gearshifting option in the auto's makes them a little more bearable and they have some balls for only being a little 1.4T. I really want to get my mom's tuned just for giggles.

"2 CRUZES" lmao

Have a buddy that got one of those. Same Ecotec 6spd. I drove it and wasn't too impressed. GM cheapness all over. 40mpg DD is alright I suppose.

Hope it does you well. Little confused about "his & hers" cars. Just an odd thing I would never do.

I wish the diesel market was bigger in this country.

You have no idea how often I field calls from people demanding to know why FIAT won't bring their diesels over.

I don't tell them that FIAT owns VM Motori which provides the Cruze's diesel motor :gabe:

When FIAT gets a bigger lineup and the Alfa Giulia arrives, I think we'll start to see some more.

"2 CRUZES" lmao

Have a buddy that got one of those. Same Ecotec 6spd. I drove it and wasn't too impressed. GM cheapness all over. 40mpg DD is alright I suppose.

Hope it does you well. Little confused about "his & hers" cars. Just an odd thing I would never do.

Basically for now I just want something that's reliable and good gas mileage.

Its a lease so in 3 years I'm out of it.