Need a few loads of dirt

Mojoe

Looking to get 3-4 loads of dirt brought in for a project. Wanted to give CR first shot at referring me to someone, or if someone on here can do this. Delivery would be about 15 minutes outside Columbus, from Easton. This is not a rushed project, so I have some flexability on when we do this.

Thanks

What's a load to you?

Dump truck. Doesn't have to be a 20 ton dump.

If other means of it getting there are an option, I'm fine with that. Just looking to get about 3-4 dump trucks worth of dirt. I don't have a yard measurement. Sorry. Hope this helps.

Important question...are you looking to build a new back-stop for your shooting range? If so, topsoil is not really what you want as it is a 'fluffy' dirt/compost/sand mixture and you would need A LOT...and would probably want to mix in a bunch of stone cylinder block under the dirt. If you want a back-stop, you will really want a clay based 'fill dirt'.

A cubic yard of topsoil from Ohio Mulch is about 750 lbs and will cost you $29.99 per cubic yard. They will deliver any number of necessary cubic yard for $49 total...doesn't matter if you want 1 yard or 10 yards.

Jones Topsoil has clay they will sell and deliver. This is a much more solid, heavy dirt and much more suited for a shooting back stop. 8 cubic yards (1.2 tons each) will run you ~$238 delivered (to your address ;) ). Their number is 614-443-4611 and be sure you specify you want the clay.

Basically, topsoil for planting and clay for shooting. :)

-Marc

Edit** for safety, I would still probably mix in cylinder blocks in the clay...

Damn you moved 30,000 pounds of top soil by wheelbarrow? Damn son that's some work.

They all seem to measure a CUYRD a little differently.

Ohio Mulch said the weight of a yard of topsoil is only about 750lbs. Jones said the weight of a yard of clay is 1.2-1.4 tons.

Either way...that's a ton of dirt to move with a wheelbarrow!

-Marc

If you haven't got any trucking done yet i have several guys i can call, just let me know. typically they charge me $75 + materials. FYI the weight of dirt has alot to do with moisture content and compaction. Rule of thumb is approx. one ton=one yard +-