PSA: Get some Auto insurance quotes!

Draco-REX

Living in Franklin Co makes your rates higher, I live 1 mile in Delaware Co and when we moved in the new house from little turtle our rates dropped a bunch. Population in Franklin>Delaware. LJ is in Fairfield Co. and Draco is in Franklin.

My rates went up when I moved from Jefferson Twp in Franklin County to city of Pickerington in Fairfield.

My cheapest location premium is when I was in 43054 obviously. I believe they look at property crimes compared to police force in your area, and property crimes are pretty bad in Pickerington. I had never been a victim of property crime till I moved here.

Edited by LJ

I graduated with a bachelors and a 3.9...wtf haha.

What branch are you with? I go through Gary Snowden off Georgesville road. Btw, I'm in Canal.

You have to have had it for every grading period since you started with state farm. I've been with state farm and the same agency since I was 16. My whole family is with Gary Wheeler in Dublin. He bought the agency from Chuck Davis, who is a close family friend.

Curious, did you need an appraisal of some sort? Been kicking around getting collector or antique insurance for my RX-7.

Yes I did, they also required photos and receipts for the work. The paperwork is in the car so I'll check it later and get the name of the company.

I just switched my home owner and auto insurance to State farm. Saved roughly 40 bucks a month on auto insurance on 3 cars and 60 bucks a month on home owners insurance.

Progressive was within 4 dollars for year. I have had two people run into my autos in past 3 years. Both times state farm paid out and was great to deal with. So it was an easy choice to choose them over Progressive.

Oh and American Family Insurance can go to hell. Horrible service. I actually had the agent I was dealing with try and argue that his identical coverage at twice the price of State Farm was better coverage. Then got irritated when I asked him to explain how his coverage was better. (this all happened last week)

When I turned 25 I called my insurance company (Progressive) and asked if I could get a better rate since I had crossed the magical insurance threshold. They said no. I then called Geico. They saved me 50% on renters, moto, and car, and were still 50% cheaper when I bought the Focus.

Progressive does age rating slightly differently. It should (in theory) go down a little bit each year until you hit 24 or 25, then level out until you get to the opposite end of the spectrum. Unfortunately it means when that people expecting a huge rate decrease at 25 will be disappointed.

I haven't quoted in quite a while, but I work for Progressive and feel comfortable knowing how they operate as a company, so I choose to stay with them. Last I checked, GEICO was a few dollars cheaper but not worth the savings to deal with switching. Now that I've worked in claims for couple years and have dealt with most of the major companies and their claims services, I know there are certain ones I wouldn't give my business to regardless of the price.

Curious, did you need an appraisal of some sort? Been kicking around getting collector or antique insurance for my RX-7.

Finally got the paperwork out of the car. It's insured by a subsidiary of Infinity County Mutual Insurance called Classic Car Insurance of Texas. I went with them based on a few trusted recommendations, not sure if they have a subsidiary that covers Ohio. The appraisal was a cost, and there was a bit of paperwork and photo's involved but it's cheaper than I was paying with Liberty Mutual and I feel more comfortable putting it on the road.