Apartment Shopping in Columbus..

FocusDave01

moving to columbus in june or july and been shopping for studio or one bedrooms. kinda want to live sawmill/bethel area. But wouldnt be opposed to Hilliard or some parts in Columbus. Anyone know of any deals or suggestions been awile since I had to do this lol..but I hate Cincinnati and most of my family gonna be up there anyway..I have been looking on almost every apartment finder possible and they all say the same lol. But if anyone has suggestions let me know :-):guitar:

Might want to look at Meadow View apts at 161 and Sawmill behind the Anderson store. It's a clean and quiet place that's literally minutes from I270 and SR315. Tell 'em Mike Smith sent ya'.

mike smith..one of my buddies names mike smith..lol anyway thanks for the tip..any idea on price not trying to get in over my head...

I live over in Grove City at Gateway Lakes. My 2br is $645/mo. and garages (which i assume are a must for you) are $50/mo. The apts are nice and absolutely anything shopping or dining-wise is right there.

hmmm not bad kinda out of my price range tho its just me so I dont need a 2bdr pref a studio or one bedroom..i did find some cheapos in bethel area (studio wise) but got to check the area out first..

I think I've looked at every apartment within 8 miles of campus... it feels like it at least. On Bethel, I found one place that I was considering called LaMans or something like that... they have a pool, some green space, and some interesting shaped apartments for $595 with heat, ac, water included.

I am seriously considering moving to Watermark (I think that's what its called) off of 670 in Grandview

I think I've looked at every apartment within 8 miles of campus... it feels like it at least. On Bethel, I found one place that I was considering called LaMans or something like that... they have a pool, some green space, and some interesting shaped apartments for $595 with heat, ac, water included.

I am seriously considering moving to Watermark (I think that's what its called) off of 670 in Grandview

thats not bad with everything included..ill have to look into those...whats watermark cost?

Watermark is ~$650-$700 for a 1 bedroom, which is a lot, but its a newer complex and its got pools and a fitness center and whatnot...

What kind of place are you looking for? There so many different kinds of places...

Are you looking more for location, amenities, space, neighborhood?

I've always been a space snob. I want a place with lots of storage and something interesting going on with the floorplan, so that's kinda what I look for.

There's Acropolis off of Henderson that's about $500 a month and its not a terrible floor plan...

Idk, I'm still lookin, so if you want to take a drive and look around apartments and want some company, I might be up for it, plus I could give you the grand tour of the apts i've already looked at and cut a lot of it down for ya.

I live in grandview and there are a ton of apts in this area for a reasonable price. The watermark off 670 isnt bad if you want to live in a community style complex. I live in the grandview neighborhood area and there are a ton of apts everywhere. Whodey lives close as well. Since you dont know where grandview is, its about 1.2-2 miles from downtown same distance from campus and same distance from campus to downtown.

For example, I have a 2 bedroom about 1000sq ft with a garage and a basement and I pay 715 a month. I used to pay 650. There are other apts in the area for the same price, cheaper, more expensive etc. Let me know if your interested in more info. Same to you OSUMJ since your looking as well.

I live in grandview and there are a ton of apts in this area for a reasonable price. The watermark off 670 isnt bad if you want to live in a community style complex. I live in the grandview neighborhood area and there are a ton of apts everywhere. Whodey lives close as well. Since you dont know where grandview is, its about 1.2-2 miles from downtown same distance from campus and same distance from campus to downtown.

For example, I have a 2 bedroom about 1000sq ft with a garage and a basement and I pay 715 a month. I used to pay 650. There are other apts in the area for the same price, cheaper, more expensive etc. Let me know if your interested in more info. Same to you OSUMJ since your looking as well.

I thought I remember Whodey mentioning he was moving away from Grandview this month.

Watermark is ~$650-$700 for a 1 bedroom, which is a lot, but its a newer complex and its got pools and a fitness center and whatnot...

What kind of place are you looking for? There so many different kinds of places...

Are you looking more for location, amenities, space, neighborhood?

I've always been a space snob. I want a place with lots of storage and something interesting going on with the floorplan, so that's kinda what I look for.

There's Acropolis off of Henderson that's about $500 a month and its not a terrible floor plan...

Idk, I'm still lookin, so if you want to take a drive and look around apartments and want some company, I might be up for it, plus I could give you the grand tour of the apts i've already looked at and cut a lot of it down for ya.

awsome mj sounds like a plan next time im up there (prob next week) if you arent busy we can go looking...columbus wise i know dublin pretty well i lived in glenmuir off billingsley for years from 01 to 06 pretty much and they were nice but pricey and not alot of space..i know where grandview is if im correct isnt it off riverside past lane ave..? anyway like i said since its just me i need a some what affordable place for solo person lol

correct. no longer neighbor with flounder :(

sucks leaving that area but now I have garage and we don't have to hide our 2 dogs from the landlords :)

grandview is a cool place to live. here's how I'd break it down:

positives = close to downtown & all the action; nothing sucks worse than suburb bars. neighborhood feel. hardwood floors. cheap rent$. close to OSU campus and no barf in your front yard every morning. crime is rare.

negatives = your building will probably not have central air + garbage disposal + dishwasher; you might get 2 of the 3. hard to find garages. you are lucky to find landlord who allows 1 dog, impossible to find one who will let you have 2 dogs.

honestly, I like grandview and I would move back but it would have to be in a house. apartment hunting down there is best to just drive around and write down phone # from the for sale signs; many aren't advertised online. the people who do find a "perfect" apartment in grandview usually stay there for a long time too since it's rare to get everything you want at a fair price

+1 on grandview.

Its the best place inside 270 for a single guy and every corner of Columbus is within 15 minutes.

I had a 1 brm apt. with central air and a dishwasher and a 2 1/2 car garage for $550, but that was 99-01.

The street that whodey lived on he is absolutely right about the air and garage. Most apts in that area have carports.

However, Where Im at, most all the apts have garages and the ones the dont, still have carports. I would say its a 50/50 split on garages/carports and every apt around my area has AC. As far as dishwashers go, yeah I dont have one and I cant answer about the others.

correct. no longer neighbor with flounder :(

sucks leaving that area but now I have garage and we don't have to hide our 2 dogs from the landlords :)

grandview is a cool place to live. here's how I'd break it down:

positives = close to downtown & all the action; nothing sucks worse than suburb bars. neighborhood feel. hardwood floors. cheap rent$. close to OSU campus and no barf in your front yard every morning. crime is rare.

negatives = your building will probably not have central air + garbage disposal + dishwasher; you might get 2 of the 3. hard to find garages. you are lucky to find landlord who allows 1 dog, impossible to find one who will let you have 2 dogs.

honestly, I like grandview and I would move back but it would have to be in a house. apartment hunting down there is best to just drive around and write down phone # from the for sale signs; many aren't advertised online. the people who do find a "perfect" apartment in grandview usually stay there for a long time too since it's rare to get everything you want at a fair price

hmm ill have to look into this ive never looked in the grandview area i agree with the drivin around and getting numbers and callin even for apartments you can find alot of deals in person vs online...apretiate the info alot def gonna consider this...