Cheap eyeglasses?

Diamonds

Hi guys,

I just broke my nice pair of glasses and while they have a warranty. I have decided that I do not want to wear them regularly.

With that being said, I would like to find a place where I can get a cheaper pair of glasses for around 100-150. My first instinct was to go to lenscrafters because they always have sales. But, I fear they "mark it up to mark it down" and have read horror stories online about their actual prices.

What else is there? Walmart? Costco? local opticians who sell econo-glasses?

Thanks (I live in Worthington).

Virtually anywhere online has some pretty good prices on eyeglasses. My Fiance just got perscribed to get some and picked up a nice pair online for ~$80 shipped. Just enter in your perscription information and sort around through some ones that will fit your face.

As far as "Brick and Mortar" goes, I recommend most of the associates where I work go to Target optical.

$100? $150? Even $80? Pssh!

http://www.zennioptical.com

Input prescription, get $8 glasses.

And before anyone craps all over this place, my wife and I have been wearing $8 glasses for over 6 years no with no problem. I buy them 2-3 pair at a time and if the break or I lose them, who cares? Toss on another pair. When I'm at 2 pair, I order at least one more. Always have 3 pair available.

Only broken 1 pair thus far though. Prescription is great. Wearing them now. Last time I went in for an eye exam showed them to my optometrist, explained that I used (at the time) my insurance to cover contacts and paid $8 for glasses, and nobody in the office could believe it. Said they looked fine.

You're all welcome. :)

$100? $150? Even $80? Pssh!

http://www.zennioptical.com

Input prescription, get $8 glasses.

And before anyone craps all over this place, my wife and I have been wearing $8 glasses for over 6 years no with no problem. I buy them 2-3 pair at a time and if the break or I lose them, who cares? Toss on another pair. When I'm at 2 pair, I order at least one more. Always have 3 pair available.

Only broken 1 pair thus far though. Prescription is great. Wearing them now. Last time I went in for an eye exam showed them to my optometrist, explained that I used (at the time) my insurance to cover contacts and paid $8 for glasses, and nobody in the office could believe it. Said they looked fine.

You're all welcome. :)

Awesome!! Thanks for the heads up...

Walmart :)

I spent a FORTUNE at walmart on a pair of glasses, we're talking scratch resistant, I can bend the frames any way I want, etc.... had them for at least 6 years, never had an issue until recently, they now are scratched to hell and back, I just need to find an eye doctor to get me a new perscription because I don't know what my perscription is anymore and when I went to the vision center, they said screw you, see the doctor again first.

I've bought three pairs from there (just rcvd 2 yesterday) and have had no issues whatsoever. Still haven't spent over $100 for all 3 combined. Bought my first pair from them prob 2 years ago and then decided to get some extras. They were doing a buy one get one free deal. Couldn't pass up.

What is the difference? I Assume single

Do you have an add power at the bottom for reading? If not online may be the cheapest.route. move into progressives and the quality difference between online and a private OD will be seen. PM as that's my field.