2015 Mustang!!1!1

zeitgeist57

Agreed.

Question... Is there a solid rear car out there that has an "auto x mode" where it unlocks and acts like an irs? I've always wondered why we have to choose with all the technology out to there these days.

I ditched the irs in my cobra, in hopes of getting serious with drag racing it. I put a solid rear in the car, with maximum motorsports control arms, coil overs, panhard bar, and torque arm. I swear the car handled better than it did with the irs and it could take full abuse

I think you can get the solid rear good enough to do some road racing. If you're going to be serious about road racing, you shouldn't be buying a mustang imo

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to be serious about road racing, you shouldn't be buying a mustang imo

While they can hold their own, there are definitely better options out there. Question is, what will eventual high-horsepower '15 Mustangs excel at? I'd only want a lightly-modded one to get me to work faster..

not crazy about the dash... but I do really like the overall looks of the car.. they are going in the right direction from my standpoint.

chad whats the details on the Z... I dont think ive seen it

We picked up middle of the summer to complete the TT kit design I have been working on. My main helper quit soon after and the projects been at a standstill. Just now getting back after it and getting finished up. The car is an 07, leman blue and doing our twin kit with the simple supporting mods. Went with twin gt35's, should make for a pretty fun street car. Hoping to have it running within a few weeks and spinning the dyno soon after I get back from sema. Ill have to post up some photos once I get a little further together.

700rw should be pretty simple to make I think. Just trying to get into different markets and see where it leads me

We picked up middle of the summer to complete the TT kit design I have been working on. My main helper quit soon after and the projects been at a standstill. Just now getting back after it and getting finished up. The car is an 07, leman blue and doing our twin kit with the simple supporting mods. Went with twin gt35's, should make for a pretty fun street car. Hoping to have it running within a few weeks and spinning the dyno soon after I get back from sema. Ill have to post up some photos once I get a little further together.

700rw should be pretty simple to make I think. Just trying to get into different markets and see where it leads me

Not to side track but will this be a production kit for other C6s?? :masturboy:

I ditched the irs in my cobra, in hopes of getting serious with drag racing it. I put a solid rear in the car, with maximum motorsports control arms, coil overs, panhard bar, and torque arm. I swear the car handled better than it did with the irs and it could take full abuse

I think you can get the solid rear good enough to do some road racing. If you're going to be serious about road racing, you shouldn't be buying a mustang imo

You are correct, a guy named "Sam Strano" whose won multiple national championships autocrossing in Mustangs has campaigned all types and he showed the SRA handled as well as the IRS with far less complication and expense.

Lets hope the new car does better but looking at the design it doesn't look promising to me, better, but still not a very good setup.

You are correct, a guy named "Sam Strano" whose won multiple national championships autocrossing in Mustangs has campaigned all types and he showed the SRA handled as well as the IRS with far less complication and expense.

Lets hope the new car does better but looking at the design it doesn't look promising to me, better, but still not a very good setup.

He did pretty well in F Body's too.

Not to side track but will this be a production kit for other C6s?? :masturboy:

Yes this is going to be a production system that we are currently working on. I havent had much time with my main guy quitting in here so its been just sitting for 3-4 months. A lot of the custom parts needing cast are back now and finally able to start making headway. Hoping to have the car together within the next couple weeks and on the dyno sometime after I get back from the sema show. Here are just a few shots, this is the shop design car we are currently working on:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/c6%20corvette/DSC08029_zpsb6a0095d.jpg

Also the vette is extremely challenging to fit 2 turbos in there and allowing for a clean install. We are going to be running twin GT35's standard in the kit with 61mm wheels. Journal and dual ceramic BB options will be available. Its tight but we had to do a custom turbo with a compact compressor cover and stainless v-banded inlet/outlet design exhaust housing:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/c6%20corvette/DSC08030_zps1c9dc9e9.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/c6%20corvette/DSC08031_zps91b1c973.jpg

Ill start a new thread as I start getting the car together and making some power. I dont want to sidetrack this thread anymore than I already have

• 4 weeks later...
http://jalopnik.com/2015-ford-shelby-mustang-gt350-this-is-it-1659587138

Gooo...me rikey. Was going to suggest that the N/A V8 should keep the cost down, but magnetic suspension and 15.2" brakes will ratchet that sticker price right back up. :lol:

Flat plane crank, All that R&D and research isn't free

Flat-plane crank V8, 2-peice, 6-pot front brakes, carbon composite front panel, aluminum front widened fenders, near full underbody trays, magnetic ride. Going to be one hell of a car with one hell of a price tag!! If I had a wallet big enough I'd empty it to have one!!

Competition will be Z28 so I expect 75k price tag. Then we will have a new thread ZOMG a 75K Mustang!!!!!!!

No way it will be that expensive! I think base price will be under $50k probably mid-high $40k's and with all the options maybe in the $50k's. No chance Ford would offer a $75k mid level Mustang..

I'm more curious to find out what size the tires are. The wheels are wide and setup for some impressive handling but I haven't seen the tire size listed anywhere..

No way it will be that expensive! I think base price will be under $50k probably mid-high $40k's and with all the options maybe in the $50k's. No chance Ford would offer a $75k mid level Mustang..

I'm more curious to find out what size the tires are. The wheels are wide and setup for some impressive handling but I haven't seen the tire size listed anywhere..

Under 50 my ass! I was just looking at the new Mustangs, and all of them on the lot were 42k ish. No way a flat plane crank newly designed motor, magnetic ride, finally properly sized front and rear brakes, etc will only be a few grand more

Under 50 my ass! I was just looking at the new Mustangs, and all of them on the lot were 42k ish. No way a flat plane crank newly designed motor, magnetic ride, finally properly sized front and rear brakes, etc will only be a few grand more

+1

it will be north of $70k out the door. i can't envision it being any less than that. '13 shelbys were $70k with options. this car has a motor with R&D on par with the '13's. it has brakes/suspension/body work on par with the '13's. newer body style=more expensive. hell, new gt's are $45k.

it will be north of $75k. i could buy a car like that, but i feel there are better options out there.

+1

it will be north of $70k out the door. i can't envision it being any less than that. '13 shelbys were $70k with options. this car has a motor with R&D on par with the '13's. it has brakes/suspension/body work on par with the '13's. newer body style=more expensive. hell, new gt's are $45k.

it will be north of $75k. i could buy a car like that, but i feel there are better options out there.

Couldn't agree more, I also feel for 45k much better options are out there. To me a Mustang GT is not worth 45k