C6 GrandSport/z06 brake pads

Nickey4271647545519

Some of you know that my Dad picked up a 2011 GrandSport a couple weeks ago. The few times he has driven it, he is unhappy with how much brake dust is on the wheels.

What would you recommend for low dust options?

Opinion on 1-piece pads vs the stock style padlets?

Why doesn't he look into an brake dust protectant?

I'm certain a detailer on here can chime in with a product worth a shot, and especially with such a large market for such an item a company is bound to have something that would do a good job on it. Even if it doesn't keep all the dust off, I'm positive it will at least help with cleaning off the dust with a little more ease and less time spent doing so.

Some of you know that my Dad picked up a 2011 GrandSport a couple weeks ago. The few times he has driven it, he is unhappy with how much brake dust is on the wheels.

What would you recommend for low dust options?

Opinion on 1-piece pads vs the stock style padlets?

Start with offerings from Tire Rack, then see if you can get them cheaper; try Rock Auto.

Doesn't the grand sport have the Z06 brakes? Why get the grand sport if you aren't going to take advantage of the performance increase, just because it's 'better' looking? I personally HATE the stripe down the side. I thought the big draw to this car was the Z06 bits on it (sus & brakes?).

Back on point, the 22ple (already mentioned above) is the most effective, but I would have it applied by a professional, e.g. Andy (AudiOn19s) or Ryan (ForeverMaker), since timing and technique are really important IMHO.

I use this product: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Earth-Technologies-01201-Shield/dp/B0016LEAZS/ref=sr_1_26?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1386344124&sr=1-26 which is not a cure by any means but cuts down the dust by about 50% and seems to make it easier to take off the dust that does stick. Although this product is advertised as a protectant only, it also works okay as a cleaner if you're taking the dust off with a cloth and not actually washing with soap and water. Cheaper than 22ple and you apply it with every wash just by spraying it on.