Need help today!

bmwohio

UPDATE:

Acura of Columbus found the following needing replaced:

Right front lower control arm

Hub and bearing

(Bent) Wheel

They wanted and astronomical amount of money for labor, so I am taking it to ZB and Todd at Sigmatec to do the work, and I am sourcing a new wheel myself, since Acura wanted $550 for a new wheel.

Car should be done Friday, hopefully this does the trick.

UPDATE:

Hub and bearing

(Bent) Wheel

They wanted and astronomical amount of money for labor, so I am taking it to ZB and Todd at Sigmatec to do the work, and I am sourcing a new wheel myself, since Acura wanted $550 for a new wheel.

Damn, why am I just now seeing this thread? I work at Lindsay Acura, I've been there going on 18 years(Acura Master Tech). If you have any questions about your MDX let me know and I'll see if I can help.

I can't speak much about Acura of Columbus except that a lot of their customers find their way over to us.

few things I'm sure you already know by now:

1. the VSA light will come on if the steering wheel is off center

2. 99.9% of the time the lower control arm will be the issue when camber/caster is out, the only adjustable item on Acura cars is the Toe.

3. the shop that offered to elongate the holes shouldn't be in business, worst advice ever.

4. since the wheel got bent chances are the hub/bearing is bad too, like AoC stated. Now depending on the wheel damage it can be fixed, we use wheel professionals quite often:

http://www.wheelprofessionals.com/

Edited by SinisterSS

UPDATE:

Hub and bearing

(Bent) Wheel

ZB is THE MAN

Damn, why am I just now seeing this thread? I work at Lindsay Acura, I've been there going on 18 years(Acura Master Tech). If you have any questions about your MDX let me know and I'll see if I can help.

I can't speak much about Acura of Columbus except that a lot of their customers find their way over to us.

few things I'm sure you already know by now:

1. the VSA light will come on if the steering wheel is off center

2. 99.9% of the time the lower control arm will be the issue when camber/caster is out, the only adjustable item on Acura cars is the Toe.

3. the shop that offered to elongate the holes shouldn't be in business, worst advice ever.

4. since the wheel got bent chances are the hub/bearing is bad too, like AoC stated. Now depending on the wheel damage it can be fixed, we use wheel medic quite often: http://www.theroundhouse.ws/

Cool, thanks for chiming in, everything you said makes total sense. You wouldn't happen to know where I can buy just one of these wheels do you?

http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/acura/mdx/2009/oem/2009_acura_mdx_4dr-suv_base_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Not sure about straightening the wheel, any idea on cost? And would you trust a previously bent wheel that was was straightened, or just buy a used 'good' one?

Sorry about your circumstance and hope all goes well for you. Craig, nice to know you are at Lindsey, I purchased my TL from there and I always bring my car there for an oil change. It's a lot cheaper just to pay for it. I normally do it my self but as I stated, it's cheaper to have the dealer do it.

Cool, thanks for chiming in, everything you said makes total sense. You wouldn't happen to know where I can buy just one of these wheels do you?

http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/acura/mdx/2009/oem/2009_acura_mdx_4dr-suv_base_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Not sure about straightening the wheel, any idea on cost? And would you trust a previously bent wheel that was was straightened, or just buy a used 'good' one?

my cost on a NEW factory wheel is $334.16 + core, that maybe why AoC was so high, search http://www.car-parts.com see what they have,as far as having the wheel repaired I think that's all based on how bad it is(that link I posted earlier has pricing), as far as trusting the repair again that depends on how badly bent it is, I've seen some wheels that were bent badly but come back looking new, I don't trust their balance methods based on how/where they place the wheel weights.

Was the car totalled? I bent my control arm pretty bad. My front wheel is sitting about 4" closer to the inner wall then normal. Im afraid something else bent.

Unsure. Probably would have been had I made a claim, but it was an old beater car and wasn't worth getting my rates jacked for being young and stupid.

my cost on a NEW factory wheel is $334.16 + core, that maybe why AoC was so high, search http://www.car-parts.com see what they have,as far as having the wheel repaired I think that's all based on how bad it is(that link I posted earlier has pricing), as far as trusting the repair again that depends on how badly bent it is, I've seen some wheels that were bent badly but come back looking new, I don't trust their balance methods based on how/where they place the wheel weights.

OK, thanks for the advice.

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE:

Hub and bearing

(Bent) Wheel

they missed the bent strut, BTW did you want the old strut back?

Sorry about your circumstance and hope all goes well for you. Craig, nice to know you are at Lindsey, I purchased my TL from there and I always bring my car there for an oil change. It's a lot cheaper just to pay for it. I normally do it my self but as I stated, it's cheaper to have the dealer do it.

been at Lindsay for 18 years