Trading in/up

Hahn

Just looking for opinions/advice on something. Ive got a 01 Ford Ranger Edge. Reg cab, 4x4, 4.0L with only 79k miles. I paid i think 8k-ish for it a few years ago and is now paid off. Its a great truck with zero issues mechanically, and only a minor dent on the pass side rear quarter panel from a hit/skip. I love the truck, but my family is growing so i think i want a bigger truck. I was thinking 99-04 F150. Just from quick glances at autotrader, seems like you can find them under 10k with about 120-150k miles. Questions is, is there a reason these trucks seem so decently priced? And does anyone know roughly what i could get on trade in for my truck? Thanks in advanced fellas, just trying to figure some stuff out before going to dealers.

Just looking for opinions/advice on something. Ive got a 01 Ford Ranger Edge. Reg cab, 4x4, 4.0L with only 79k miles. I paid i think 8k-ish for it a few years ago and is now paid off. Its a great truck with zero issues mechanically, and only a minor dent on the pass side rear quarter panel from a hit/skip. I love the truck, but my family is growing so i think i want a bigger truck. I was thinking 99-04 F150. Just from quick glances at autotrader, seems like you can find them under 10k with about 120-150k miles. Questions is, is there a reason these trucks seem so decently priced? And does anyone know roughly what i could get on trade in for my truck? Thanks in advanced fellas, just trying to figure some stuff out before going to dealers.

I just took a 2002 F-150 crew cab lariat 4x4 on trade Saturday. Red with gray leather interior. It has right around 130k miles.

Price wise, I would roughly be around $4500 + your truck on trade.

Truck looks similar to this one:

http://images02.olx.com/ui/18/11/03/f_340350803-128158040.jpeg

PM me if you are interested. I will get you real pics tomorrow

Try selling private party and emphasize the 4.0 engine option, which is the most desirable, also 4x4 trucks sell like hotcakes this time of year.

Thats an option, i was just exploring other routes that were faster, straight up trades. But now i see that i dont think thats going to work like i hoped.

I thought Ranger Edge had a 2wd drivetrain with a 4wd suspension.

IDK about all of them, but mines 4x4 with the "better suspension".

im going to go out on a limb and say that by bigger he means more seats and room....

Correct, i need more seating/room.

Craigslist Craigslist.

My dad found, well i found it, a 2004 F-150 (new body) extended cab. 2wd, lowered, and on 20" for 10g and it only had 49,000 miles. Clean title and everything.

Also Craigslist your truck too

His truck for reference

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/Dad%20Truck/GEDC0194.jpg