College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be in effect for the last 2 minutes of each half so hurrying up to stop the clock wouldn't be affected. Which is funny since they're saying they're doing it for health concerns/fatigue so at the very end of the game when players are most fatigued this "protective" rule won't be in effect.

The people deciding this thing say they've watched a couple games worth of film and have only seen 1 or 2 times where there would have been a penalty. I'd like to re-watch something like Auburn-Mizzou or Auburn-A&M to see how many penalties would have been called.

Of course, no surprise Saban and Bielema are front and center supporting this rule.

If there's only been one or two times that it would have been a penalty...it doesn't seem like it's a big enough issue to make a new rule for.

Also looks like Ben Edwards is now a "soft verbal"

He visited UCF and might visit some others but he's definitely still recruiting Florida kids to OSU. Mainly his teammates 5* LB Jeffrey Holland and 5* CB Kevin Toliver (LSU commit). Toliver was with him at UCF.

Also, funny thing going on in recruiting right now. OSU is being negatively recruited against just for simply recruiting Torrance Gibson. Other 2015 QB's are being told not to go to OSU because they're going to get Gibson. Pretty strange tactic. You're kinda telling the kid, "Gibson is better than you but we never had a chance with him so please come here and don't go there."

Clowneys stock seems to be dropping after he only put up 21 reps on the bench and many already questioning his character after last years performance.

Clowney ran the 40 in 4.47. I'd say his stock will be returning to meteoric levels.

That's faster 40 time than DeAnthony Thomas and Marquis Lee ran. And they are wide receivers that are supposedly fast.

Clowney ran the 40 in 4.47. I'd say his stock will be returning to meteoric levels.

That's faster 40 time than DeAnthony Thomas and Marquis Lee ran. And they are wide receivers that are supposedly fast.

Thats just dumb.

For what it's worth, I think this guy could be a huge fail. I'm not willing to place money on it, but I won't be surprised at all if he ends up being a bust.

Haha I post that and then he goes out and does that. I agree that he has bust written all over him. Dude is a physical freak but does he have the heart and motor to go along with it? 2 years ago I would've said #1 over all pick, sure fire Pro Bowler each year, today I am not so sure.

Feds looking into Michigan's handling of the Brendan Gibbons rape thing...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140225/SCHOOLS/302250059/Feds-investigating-U-M-s-response-09-sex-assault-allegations

If a kicker ends up hurting their football program the way he potentially could... my goodneth.