College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly with the run numbers our backfield puts up, I'm not sure why we ever pass more than 10 or so times a game. Works for other teams, why wouldn't a triple run option work for us?

But when other teams run it you call it trickery but if OSU runs the triple option it's ok..... Makes sense.

Honestly with the run numbers our backfield puts up, I'm not sure why we ever pass more than 10 or so times a game. Works for other teams, why wouldn't a triple run option work for us?

that's the way I see it, run the ball down their throat until the opposing defense starts to creep up on the line then air it out, rinse lather and repeat...

You stfu you elitest prick. Your team got out played and lost. Don't be upset other teams use there weapons accordingly and successfully.

Nice. "No you shut up" "No you shut up"......how old are you?

I decided to go back and check on your previous posts in these threads. One way back, October, you are rooting for Northwestern for some odd reason ;)

Then here recently you decided to show back up, which is fine. However, who the hell do you like? You buy Alabama shit "because you are supporting your lady". Sorry, I don't care who my wife likes, I root for who I like. Then you root for MSU "because you bet on them". If you did, good bet. However, people like you who come in and try and stir shit for the sake of it are funny. Did you really expect all of the homers to keep quiet? Haha.

MSU outplayed us, yes I went to OSU, and it is what it is. I am also tired of the whining from fellow OSU fans.

Once again, who do you like? Not who does your lady friend like, but you.

I decided to go back and check on your previous posts in these threads. One way back, October, you are rooting for Northwestern for some odd reason ;)

Then here recently you decided to show back up, which is fine. However, who the hell do you like? You buy Alabama shit "because you are supporting your lady". Sorry, I don't care who my wife likes, I root for who I like. Then you root for MSU "because you bet on them". If you did, good bet. However, people like you who come in and try and stir shit for the sake of it are funny. Did you really expect all of the homers to keep quiet? Haha.

MSU outplayed us, yes I went to OSU, and it is what it is. I am also tired of the whining from fellow OSU fans.

He is just a troll that wants attention because his girl isn't giving it to him, even if he roots for her team.

I have said it before I have no affiliation to any college or college teams. I am a die hard Chicago Bear can seeing as I was born and raised there( even made a commercial with mike diktat when I was 10). I enjoy watching college football and usually will pick the underdog just to watch an upset. I was rooting for Northwestern that game because I liked there 2 QB system. I bought bama shit to fit in with my future in laws. I was blamed for the loss however for wearing orange underwear LOL.

Since I've been in Columbus all I've seen is this elitest OSU is the greatest smack talk from fans. The only city I've been in that's worse is Philly and eagle fans. Different level of shitty fan experience but still horrible. OSU had a great winning streak against shit teams. And the MSU game I bet x dollar per point in the final score. Naturally I'm going to root for MSU.

Ball State wins the GoDaddy Bowl. Calling it now.

Ohio State got outplayed against MSU. Orange Bowl will be a lot like the Michigan game. Offensive shoot out with alot of frustration on defense.

Well, this thread is off to an awesome start - all this holiday cheer warms my weary soul.

A triple option (from the shotgun formation, like Auburn runs it) would be interesting for Ohio State.

Braxton sucked on Saturday, IMHO. I get that some of the balls he threw were catchable, but a lot of them weren't.

Ohio State got outplayed and outcoached against Michigan State. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is either an idiot or delusional. I look forward to seeing what kinds of adjustments will be made for the bowl game. Of course, I'm far less optimistic now, since I was sure we were going to see lots of offensive fireworks this past game and instead were treated with dumbass 3 yard outs and mind-numbingly idiotic QB draws to the short side of the field on 4th and 1.

And I'll ask again - where the fuck was Dontre Wilson? Has anyone said why he was MIA?

What frustrated me most on Saturday? WR.

Brax put some of those balls right where they needed to be, and our WR just could not hang on to the ball. Play action only works if the receivers catch the fucking ball.

For me it was once again the safties, more or so Pitt Brown. 5th year senoir, many blown coverages, the secondaries really didn't get over Bryant being hurt. I just don't see why he is still on the field. Von Bell couldn't have done any worse and at least he could of gained some valueable experience for next year. I am also tired of people bitching about the offense and the play calling. Those plays would have worked if everyone did their job. But miss blocks on offense, and a very deciplined front 7 from MSU is what stopped Braxton Miller from gaining the necessary yards. Even if they would have ran it up the middle with carlos hyde, if the blocks were not there, hyde would of been stopped short. It's not the play calling, it is the execution on offense and they were out played by MSU's defense.

For me it was once again the safties, more or so Pitt Brown. 5th year senoir, many blown coverages, the secondaries really didn't get over Bryant being hurt. I just don't see why he is still on the field. Von Bell couldn't have done any worse and at least he could of gained some valueable experience for next year. I am also tired of people bitching about the offense and the play calling. Those plays would have worked if everyone did their job. But miss blocks on offense, and a very deciplined front 7 from MSU is what stopped Braxton Miller from gaining the necessary yards. Even if they would have ran it up the middle with carlos hyde, if the blocks were not there, hyde would of been stopped short. It's not the play calling, it is the execution on offense and they were out played by MSU's defense.

Hyde was shredding that very disciplined, very good MSU defense. Yet you're okay abandoning that and going with 3 yard out routes and QB sneaks?

Hyde was shredding that very disciplined, very good MSU defense. Yet you're okay abandoning that and going with 3 yard out routes and QB sneaks?

So was Braxton Miller. QB Draws scored 2 TDs didn't it? Either going with Braxton or going with Hyde, both were getting the job done. On the 4th and 1, if Denicos Allen was blocked, Miller would of had the first down and then some. But he wasn't touched and hit miller behind the line of scrimmage. If is always easier to blame the coaching staff and the play calling when the play failed. What if they did give it to Hyde and he was short? Still the coaches fault for being predictable because they should have passed?