College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

I love Braxton (I've expressed that here before) but of course he has his flaws.

My viewpoint; it'll suck if he's out for the season, but truthfully, if it is bugging him this bad there is no way he can do an entire season and be as effective as he should be. Take the time off to heal it, have JT come in and learn and get Braxton's shoulder better long term.

My worst fear is Braxton plaing 4-5 games and then having JT come in during our 'rough' part of the season. I say at this point it's all or nothing. If he plays 4-5 games and then goes out, he's done. I don't think they allow a medical for that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Braxton (I've expressed that here before) but of course he has his flaws.

My viewpoint; it'll suck if he's out for the season, but truthfully, if it is bugging him this bad there is no way he can do an entire season and be as effective as he should be. Take the time off to heal it, have JT come in and learn and get Braxton's shoulder better long term.

My worst fear is Braxton plaing 4-5 games and then having JT come in during our 'rough' part of the season. I say at this point it's all or nothing. If he plays 4-5 games and then goes out, he's done. I don't think they allow a medical for that.

Braxton is about a baby, so I wouldn't be surprised if the MRI shows nothing and he's fine by next week. Remember the Purdue game? Braxton looked like he was going to die, like literally just die right there on the sidelines. Went to hospital that night. Diagnosis? Nothing.

Also, I'd put Braxton firmly behind both Troy Smith and Terelle Pryor on the "who's better?" list. (And, by, who's better, I mean who I'd prefer to have leading my team into an important game.) Smith was clutch (minus the disaster in the desert) and Pryor, while being an absolute douche, was usually money when it came to pressure time. My lasting impression of Braxton? Choking away the Clemson game and fucking up the Michigan State game.

Braxton reminds me of Beanie Wells, great runner but always seemed to be injured. A lot of people are high on JT Barrett, I think a lot of people forget that at one point in time he was in the top2 for dual threat qb's in his class. He isn't at Ohio State because he can't get the job done, that's for sure. Who knows, maybe he'll come out and light the world on fire like Kenny G did last year when no one expected it. Maybe the defense will be dominant and not require the offense to put up 40+ in order to win games.

My lasting impression of Braxton? Choking away the Clemson game and fucking up the Michigan State game.

Choking away the Clemson game? He and the offense were the only reason it was close. He hurt his shoulder in the first quarter (I think he may have said it was the first series even) and played the whole game. Kept getting hit and driven into that same shoulder the whole game too which resulted in basically no ability to throw at the end. In retrospect I think they should have gotten him out of there for the last series or two and seen if Guiton could do anything. But Clemson's D was vicious and the OSU OL didn't play up to the standard of last season so Guiton may have been killed.

And Braxton didn't fuck up the Michigan State game. That's on the coaching staff or Heuerman.

Sucks to have 2 awful takes as your lasting impression.