Indoor Car Wash?

Versluis

Does anyone know of an indoor car wash facility? I'm not talking about a spray n wash or a drive through car wash, I'm wondering if there is a place where I can rent or pay for the car wash bay and hand wash my car during these cold months.

I had heard through the grape vine that Auto Spa in Dublin had a bay you could rent out and hand wash your car. I'm not sure if that was true but wanted to see if anyone else knew of a place.

Been looking for one to no avail

I'm going to call AutoSpa tomorrow and see if what I heard was legit. I cant believe that someone that owns a shop that slows down in the winter doesnt allow this in the winter on weekends or something. I would believe that people would pay a decent amount to be able to hand wash their car in a heated area. I for sure would.

With some advance notice, I can do this at the Hangout. One drawback is that there needs to be a total of two people during the spraying part of the process, as the water on the floor needs to be directed with a floor blade to keep it flowing out of the garage. I can do it for you if you don't have a helper along.

Most of the winter I wash my cars right outside the overhead door and then move them inside for drying and detailing. However, when it's below freezing, I do it all indoors. I can get the bay around 60 degrees, but the floor remains cold, so boots are a good idea. I have all the equipment you need, but I suggest you bring your favorite products and drying cloths.

There are electical outlets, decent overhead lights, and nearby restrooms.

Let me know in advance so I can set the time aside. I used to post threads about doing this on weekends but only had 3 or 4 takers total, so I stopped offering it routinely.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68596

Does anyone know of any auto washes that spray the underside of the car? The drive thru car wash on Sandusky in Delaware had a very high pressure under-car sprayer that I loved using in the winter to get ice and salt cleaned out with hot water. Kept me from having to get out and on my knees with a sprayer. No pun intended.

Does anyone know of any auto washes that spray the underside of the car? The drive thru car wash on Sandusky in Delaware had a very high pressure under-car sprayer that I loved using in the winter to get ice and salt cleaned out with hot water. Kept me from having to get out and on my knees with a sprayer. No pun intended.

I believe the "mid ohio car wash" on sawmill has the underbody sprays when you enter the bay.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mid-ohio-car-wash-llc-columbus

Did they close down? I thought it was still there.

With some advance notice, I can do this at the Hangout. One drawback is that there needs to be a total of two people during the spraying part of the process, as the water on the floor needs to be directed with a floor blade to keep it flowing out of the garage. I can do it for you if you don't have a helper along.

Most of the winter I wash my cars right outside the overhead door and then move them inside for drying and detailing. However, when it's below freezing, I do it all indoors. I can get the bay around 60 degrees, but the floor remains cold, so boots are a good idea. I have all the equipment you need, but I suggest you bring your favorite products and drying cloths.

There are electical outlets, decent overhead lights, and nearby restrooms.

Let me know in advance so I can set the time aside. I used to post threads about doing this on weekends but only had 3 or 4 takers total, so I stopped offering it routinely.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68596

Thanks Doc. I will follow up with you. May try and get something scheduled for Saturday with you.

The Kroger/Turkey Hill wash is really good at Rt. 3 and Polaris/Maxtown. The attendant will scrub your front/wheels/rear bumper before you go into tunnel and it does a good underbody wash.

The car wash on Sandusky is still there (and even upgraded its equipment), but Christian doesn't live in Delaware anymore.

This. :(

The Kroger/Turkey Hill wash is really good at Rt. 3 and Polaris/Maxtown. The attendant will scrub your front/wheels/rear bumper before you go into tunnel and it does a good underbody wash.

I'll keep this in mind, too. I live near Clime and 270 on the SW side. Anyone know of anything around there? I found a little car wash on 3 closer to Clime, but it's just a regular self-serve. I wonder if the new Turkey Hill on Clime and Georgesville has the underside sprayer.

Snow is forecast Friday night and Saturday. You're still welcome to come out, but it probably won't make sense to wash it all off just to pack it back on while you drive home. I cleaned two cars today which were hideous with caked salt. Free tomorrow early, or Sunday?

I can't do automated car wash, my car is too low and the winter tires are stretched.

The car wash we have in pickerington is touchless. There is nothing on the ground to guide you. Just an open flat floor, you pull in and it tells you to stop. So wheels and Bumpers don't matter.