Redbox Instant vs Netflix - CR Thoughts?

TTQ B4U

Anyone care to comment on which is better for you, etc.?

Finally got around to installing Redbox Instant on our systems but haven't had much time to review content vs Netflix. quality of both seem very good HD Wise, both stream smooth, etc.

I like that Redbox gives you 4 credits at the Kiosk thus if you typically rent 1-2 movies per month, you're not paying much for their online streaming.

Thoughts?

Netflix.

Redbox instant isn't providing their own content (Turbo FAST, House of Cards, etc...) so they have to pay catch-up. GL w/dat.

Gotcha....can't say I've watched any of the Netflix content though. Prolly should but I gotta find more time first :doh: I'm thinking mainly movie selection. I figure there is some overlap.

If the movie selection is current for Red Box, I'll probably add it to my arsenal. Enjoying Amazon Prime right now even better than Netflix due to aesthetics and selection.

We use Amazon too. They kinda piss me off though as they won't allow Streaming from an iOS device to a TV, thus for one of our TV's that's not a smart tV I have to stream via an HDMI cable and laptop.

I'd buy a Roku but honestly, it's not needed as I only would need it for one TV and really just for Amazon. Why thye specifically choose to cripple it is beyond me but they are the ones who are doing it and note it in their FAQ's as not being supported to output from.

We use Amazon too. They kinda piss me off though as they won't allow Streaming from an iOS device to a TV, thus for one of our TV's that's not a smart tV I have to stream via an HDMI cable and laptop.

I'd buy a Roku but honestly, it's not needed as I only would need it for one TV and really just for Amazon. Why thye specifically choose to cripple it is beyond me but they are the ones who are doing it and note it in their FAQ's as not being supported to output from.

I cant do it through the TiVo either.

Netflix for the convenience > I was addicted to house of cards/breaking bad/orange is the new black was ok. Ever since we dropped cable, netflix has been a life saver. Movie selection is pretty good. I can always find something interesting on netflix if the local channels have nothing on.

I installed redbox instant for the free one month trial on my ps3 and thought it was awful. Picture quality was terrible, and scrolling for something to watch was much worse than netflix. On both I seem to spend more time trying to find something to watch, than actually watching.

I have all three, Netflix, Amazon, Redbox.

Redbox selection is not great, but they are new. Give them a few years.

Amazon Prime does not have much good stuff in the way of "free" but you can rent for like $2 a lot of things

Netflix is still the best, especially if you like TV. Their movies are ok, but most movies I search for are not on Instant.

Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Alias, 24, Lost, Dexter, are great. Wife has a few series she watches too.

I also click through Star Trek Next Gen and MacGuyver when she is not home.