Ammunition

Patterson

Here's the deal with .22. Unless someone can post something AWESOME, and I mean .07 a round or better. Your best bet is to bulk buy/ we could do a group buy. And even at that, the best I can find is .13 per round and 5000 rounds for $649. That price sucks miserably. But, that's what is out there right now. Unless you are looking to buy 100 rounds once a month from Cabela's websight @ .07 per round. I bought 5000 rounds in April last year for $350, and that was when it wasn't even available, so I bought it to have for training. Now I'm getting realy to buy another 5000 and it sucks. I watch for it on http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/ throughout the day and buy it when I see it. It's just a shitty time to get a deal on .22. It's out there, and close to the cost of 9mm right now.

That said, there are better deals on unique ammo than common ammo right now. For instance, 5.7X28 last year, at a GOOD price, was .47 a round. I can still find it for that some times, but usually at .52. Still a good price to me, though someplaces are still charging up to $1.22 per round.

In for group buy on .22lr It is my favorite round by far. I wish it was still $20 a brick. Such a good day at the range when you blasted through half a brick on top of every other gun you bought.

NEVER FORGET

Ordered 3 525rd bricks of Remington from Cabelas and picked it up from the store yesterday. It was $25 a box delivered to the store tax and all. This was a good buy all things considered. Deals are out there you just have to watch for them. I found this on slick guns...

Get on Midway USA and place a backorder. Their pricing isn't terrible and they wont charge you till it ships. I did that and have quite a bit in the pipeline now.

Erik

Ordered 3 525rd bricks of Remington from Cabelas and picked it up from the store yesterday. It was $25 a box delivered to the store tax and all. This was a good buy all things considered. Deals are out there you just have to watch for them. I found this on slick guns...

Get on Midway USA and place a backorder. Their pricing isn't terrible and they wont charge you till it ships. I did that and have quite a bit in the pipeline now.

Good info.

Glad Midway worked out for you. I got jerked around for 6 months by them on an ammo buy, that was "in stock". 200 rounds of 308 win. They would email me telling me it was not in stock and I was on back order, ok, that's fine. Then 2 minutes later I would get and email saying my card was declined. I got this same thing 5 different times with them, calling them each time to fix it. Over an hour on hold, for them to confirm they had the right CC# and ex date. They told me they would fix it every time. Then a few weeks later, the same shit. Finally I canceled the order, and they still did the same shit to me 3 weeks later. I washed my hands of them for being too unorganized to trust with a charge.

Maybe we need to have an ammo hot buy thread, to let people know locations and deals of in stock ammo. I would love to know when a local Walmart or some gun/ outdoor store has ammo. I would rather CR be stocked up and FB freinds.

Vinny started one for what he found.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115959

I've had hit and miss luck at local Walmarts on .22.

I found .22 for 6.99 per 100 on Cabelas.com last week and had a few people order the LIMIT of ONE. :)

I picked up some 22 shorts from Buckeye last week as well, 6 or 7 bucks / 100.

I gave up on Midway, and by reading online reviews, a lot of folks have.

Cabelas (online) has really been the best for me recently. 9mm, 380, 243 and .22. This has all been brass cased. 380 was 16 bucks a box, no limit and free shipping to my door (I think that promo ended, but always free to the store shipping). I think .243 was $16 also / per 20 .?.?

Walmart.com ... forgot about this one. You can create an account, search for the ammo you want, and then do a search for stores near you that have it in stock. Some .22s have store info blocked, but hint, hint, hit up Youtube for 22 ammo "hacks"... :)

I've had hit and miss luck at local Walmarts on .22.

I found .22 for 6.99 per 100 on Cabelas.com last week and had a few people order the LIMIT of ONE. :)

Cabelas says limit one per person per day. But they have no system in place to prevent people from making multiple orders from the same account. All you have to do is clear your cache and re-order. Sometimes you don't even have to do that.

I took have ordered som "limit 1" cabelas rounds. Check slick guns website every morning. They go quick and then the link gets removed. They have the link Joe mentioned for 5000 rounds. The sad thing is, a person could buy that and make money selling ziplock bags of 100ct .22 right now

Why IS 22LR still so hard to find in the quantity it once was? Still the hoarding? Ooohh Ooohh..... they have it in stock, I better buy it all???

Has production been reduced? Have the stockpiles in warehouses actually been diminished?

KillJoy

Why IS 22LR still so hard to find in the quantity it once was? Still the hoarding? Ooohh Ooohh..... they have it in stock, I better buy it all???

Has production been reduced? Have the stockpiles in warehouses actually been diminished?

KillJoy

People in this very thread are hoarding it.