car2go

zeitgeist57

I see 4 of these a day on my street daily. Each one of them I want to hit at 50+mph because they take up the few remaining spots.

Also :dumb: at the author for saying parking spots are plentiful. Let's see if (s)he can find a parking spot on campus on a Th-Sunday night.

I see 4 of these a day on my street daily. Each one of them I want to hit at 50+mph because they take up the few remaining spots.

Also :dumb: at the author for saying parking spots are plentiful. Let's see if (s)he can find a parking spot on campus on a Th-Sunday night.

They have 3 designated car2go parking spots right next to the RPAC.

But on a serious note, I don't see how they will last up to the abuse. The wheels are 3-lug. That in itself is lulzworthy. College students tend to tear shit up, this is a program really designed for people who don't want/can't afford a car. I mean it is a bargain when you think of it. Living on campus $20/ semester for a parking pass that gets you on the street, or $100/year that gets you good parking near your apt. if you are lucky. If you park on the street bet on these

1. At least 1 mirror getting knocked off

2. At least getting something valuable stolen if you don't bring it in when you get out of your car.

3. Getting a window busted

4. Hit and run. Happens all the time.

5. Getting backed into on a semi-weekly basis.

6. Car pissed/shit/puked on.

So for $.38 a minute or whatever it actually is, is kind of a good deal to me. I debated on signing up for one just because the fee was waived, but then realized I'm 6'6" and they don't have a sunroof that I can open so I could actually drive it.

TL;DR- For the hipster types that lurk campus, it is a great deal to them since they don't want to bike in sub-zero temps to the state likker store 7 blocks north to get their 6 back of Pabst.

They have 3 designated car2go parking spots right next to the RPAC.

:mad:

This is almost worse than Easton having 2 chargers for "EcoCars" right next to the entrances in the parking garages. They get a free charge AND a short walk. :dumb:

So for $.38 a minute or whatever it actually is, is kind of a good deal to me.

I don't see it as a good deal at all. I can rent a real car for an entire 24hr day for less than 2hrs of this shit.

I've seen them around too but usually in pairs thus I assume it's employees taking them out.

I don't see it as a good deal at all. I can rent a real car for an entire 24hr day for less than 2hrs of this shit.

I've seen them around too but usually in pairs thus I assume it's employees taking them out.

And most rentals you have to be older then 18-22. You are paying a little for the ease of being able to walk a block or two to use a car. To get a car you have to get a ride there, or call ahead and wait a few hours to get it dropped off.

The minimum age to rent an Enterprise car is 21 at most locations. Drivers under the age of 25 must pay a higher rental rate and select vehicles are unavailable to those under age 25.

And most rentals you have to be older then 18-22. You are paying a little for the ease of being able to walk a block or two to use a car. To get a car you have to get a ride there, or call ahead and wait a few hours to get it dropped off.

If someone is 18-22 in college and need to bum a car....make some damn friends.

Fuck in college I had a car as did several of us. Grocery store runs were never done alone and bumming a car or ride from a buddy was easy.

Hey if their model works.....

If someone is 18-22 in college and need to bum a car....make some damn friends.

Fuck in college I had a car as did several of us. Grocery store runs were never done alone and bumming a car or ride from a buddy was easy.

Hey if their model works.....

I think their model is more based towards having to go across town to go to an appointment, drop a resume off, etc. They seem to be doing well in my eyes aside from the tickets I see on the things all the time.

I wonder if they have a speed limiter on them (I.E. 65mph?) or something of the sort. I feel like tons of car enthusiasts are going to "Rent" them and go beat the crap out of them and then drop them back off, or they would want too, but i feel like they would have a speed limiter and rev limiter, and im positive they have GPS tracking (So they cant be stolen) and probably some type of G-Sensors or a BlackBox to where if there in an accident or something they can tell (Hit a pothole, scrape a car, etc.)

Gotta read into the website (Only read what was posted on here)

I wonder if they have a speed limiter on them (I.E. 65mph?) or something of the sort. I feel like tons of car enthusiasts are going to "Rent" them and go beat the crap out of them and then drop them back off, or they would want too, but i feel like they would have a speed limiter and rev limiter, and im positive they have GPS tracking (So they cant be stolen) and probably some type of G-Sensors or a BlackBox to where if there in an accident or something they can tell (Hit a pothole, scrape a car, etc.)

Gotta read into the website (Only read what was posted on here)

It's a fucking smart, it doesn't need a speed limiter. 65mph downhill with a tailwind.

You sure? I coulda swore I saw a dude drive up, plug it in then walk away. Maybe he thought it was free too :lolguy:

Wait........ I could wire a fake plug to the G8, and park near the entrance every time?! Woohoo