The "other" CC&C - shutdown??? UPDATE

zeitgeist57

http://www.columbuscarclub.com/

I got an email from some OSU student that wants to revamp CC&C.net's website. I go over to Paul's site and I find this:

Thank you!

Creating and running Columbus Cars and Coffee has been a great experience for me.

From our humble beginnings in a Bob Evans parking lot in 2009 to exciting events with brands like Tesla Motors and Aston Martin, and rewarding partnerships with companies like Studio 47, Byers Imports, AMH EXOTIC PARTS, Tim Hortons, and others, CC&C has truly been a huge part of my life for the past five seasons. I also met a lot of great people and made some great friends along the way.

I've made the decision to discontinue Columbus Car and Coffee in its current form after spending this off-season thinking about what matters most in my life at this time. My production company, Best Light Video, is experiencing record growth and expansion and I recently invested in an awesome retail startup called Robert Mason Co. These and other personal and professional interests are what drive all of my other passions, including cars, and I've decided to take a couple of years to focus more completely on them.

I will continue my work with the Bobby Rahal Foundation's Rally for The Ranch to support The Buckeye Ranch and everything that they do for families in our community.

Thanks to everyone who has attended, supported, promoted, or enjoyed Columbus Cars and Coffee!

Sincerely,

Paul Milligan

I could see this coming. After his ill-fated attempt to join Columbus Racing, it seemed that things spiraled downwards for PM. Whatever happened to that intro thread where you guys were so mean to him? :gabe:

But, I'm happy he decided to rethink his life. I imagine it happened something like this:

Best wishes to him in his new adventure with the "...awesome retail startup called Robert Mason Co." I had to look-up that one. Office supplies and vintage men's fragrances. I guess I never felt the need to buy a vintage men's fragrance. I've got a box in the basement with Dad's old kit bag and I think there's likely a half bottle of Aqua Velva still there, in case I'd ever need a "vintage men's fragrance."

Reality trumps fiction every time:

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/trentrbrts/1460249_655831867773112_939611360_n_zps42d9826e.jpg

Doc Bomb: A post of truth by Doc that pretty much smashes somebody in a way they will never understand.

^^ Truth.

I heard that D.Wiggs met with Paul last night, with the intention of taking over his Cars and Coffee site. :rolleyes:

Might not be a bad thing. The real assholes of the group wouldn't "slum it" with common folk anyhow, so they would never likely be candidates for Clay's event and no doubt aren't the target audience. However, there are likely cool members that might just see Wiggs as the guy he really is and choose to move away. Those are the ones that would be cool to have.

I heard that D.Wiggs met with Paul last night, with the intention of taking over his Cars and Coffee site. :rolleyes:

That would be the death of the club, nobody who has a real opinion and a life even listens to that guy. He does have a smattering of youngsters who idolize him but are really just sheep.

So, apparently D.Wiggs IS getting involved with their group, and with Kevan and I working together as good guys trying to talk with Paul after his quitting announcement, we're both saying F@CK'EM and we're amping up our game this year.

- We're redoing the cc&c.net website. It'll be much more visually appealing (photo/video focused) and will have more information.

- I've spoken to Studio 47 (where Craig and Trina both said that the other group has become "stale" and "way too politicized") about ideas for promotions. More convos with shops/car groups to come.

- Every week we'll try to put together a video or photo montage with interviews and content for our site and Facebook page.

So..

From IPS to Byers to OhioBimmers, Z.R.O.C., SCCA, and everywhere in-between, I'm asking all of you as car guys to reach out and have people call me by PM, email (columbuscarsandcoffee@gmail.com) or cell (614-578-2685 call or text). I want partners that will co-promote their car-related shop/business/services, car clubs that have special events

- AutoX, rallyX, drag racing events

- Car shows like GoodGuys, Arthritis Car Show,TimmayFest or QSL cruise-ins on Friday evenings

- Car Club events like Hocking Hill/555 cruises, fundraisers

- Open houses for car shops

...all for FREE on our site and Facebook page. The "every-Saturday-rain-or-shine-Cup-O'-Joe" meets are the foundation, but we will use our group to be a megaphone for other car interests in Columbus. We will own nothing, but leverage our core group of supporters to promote car-community events that we can all enjoy. I've never done this before, but were doing it now.

Simple fact is: where other cities get by just fine with one Cars and Coffee group, Paul has seen fit to muddy the waters, and fracture the car community here in Columbus with his own agenda. Cars and Coffee is a passion project, not a business-generating entity, and while we've grown a lot in the last 5 years I want to do everything I can to grow our group even more with the help of everyone willing to add car-themed content and color to our events.

PLEASE DON'T COPY/PASTE THIS INTO OTHER FORUMS. Columbus Racing has been a great base to help me easily get Cars and Coffee up and running, and with such a diverse mix I'm looking to quietly let you all know what I'd like to do. Anyone - or any group - that you want me to talk to personally and face-to-face, just let me know or, better yet, give me an intro and I'll be happy to initiate the conversation.

Look forward to talking with people in the near future!