Car accident questions

Snowflake

The wife and newborn dropped me off at airport on the 2nd of this month to fly back to work. After they left they were side swiped by a fellow and his wife and took out the whole drivers side of our Jeep. Nobody was hurt so police wouldn't come out because of the amount of accidents that morning so a report was fild over the phone. The guy took full responsibility and even his insurance company called the wife and confirmed he as 100% at fault. Geicko is his insurance company.

They agreed to have car fixed at a location of their choice which is Len Immeke and provided rental car. Now that they have my jeep they are saying there is a problem and they want my wife to make a statement which our insurance company said she doesn't have to. Apparently the drive who hit my wife is now saying he thinks she came into his lane which is bullshit.

Is is time to lawyer up or just let Allstate handle everything?

I had some foreign faggot try this shit on me. Pulled out right in front of me on the freeway - his lane was stopped, mine wasn't. He got out apologizing saying it's his fault yada yada.. then told his insurance I merged into his lane and hit him. There wasn't a police report or anything though, so the insurance companies had to battle it out.

I feel like Geicko is trying to bamboozle us now that we dropped Jeep off. I know my Jeep will be fixed and paid for by either ours or his insurance. I just wonder if a lawyer on my end would be beneficial or a waste of time and money since Allstate says they got our back.

I feel like Geicko is trying to bamboozle us now that we dropped Jeep off. I know my Jeep will be fixed and paid for by either ours or his insurance. I just wonder if a lawyer on my end would be beneficial or a waste of time and money since Allstate says they got our back.

I would let Allstate argue with them. You and a lawyer have alot less power then a company like Allstate.

I would let Allstate argue with them. You and a lawyer have alot less power then a company like Allstate.

Bingo. Lawyer won't help much on the liability side of things. Let your company handle it and they will take Geico to arbitration if it comes down to it.

They agreed to have car fixed at a location of their choice

First mistake, it is YOUR choice where you want your car fixed, not theirs, as a matter of fact, they cannot legally make you go to a shop of their choosing.

I'd pull the car from the shop, let your insurance handle it and then Allstate will go after the Gecko.

First mistake, it is YOUR choice where you want your car fixed, not theirs, as a matter of fact, they cannot legally make you go to a shop of their choosing.

I'd pull the car from the shop, let your insurance handle it and then Allstate will go after the Gecko.

I worded that wrong. it was their suggestion to take it there and since I'm not real familiar with body shops in Columbus I felt ok with it going to a dealership. When she took it there all was good and now 12 days later there seems to be an issue.

After speaking with our Allstate guy I feel good about them handling it. He said there were traffic cameras that should of got it all and they employ someone that can retrieve the tape if needed. He said no matter what Geicko does they will take care of us and go after Geicko themselves. I just hope it doesn't cause our premiums to increase.

I worded that wrong. it was their suggestion to take it there and since I'm not real familiar with body shops in Columbus I felt ok with it going to a dealership. When she took it there all was good and now 12 days later there seems to be an issue.

After speaking with our Allstate guy I feel good about them handling it. He said there were traffic cameras that should of got it all and they employ someone that can retrieve the tape if needed. He said no matter what Geicko does they will take care of us and go after Geicko themselves. I just hope it doesn't cause our premiums to increase.

A lot of companies won't increase rates if they find you not at fault. Even if they do go up, it should be a minor increase and probably well worth it versus having to fight with Geico on your own.

Your rates won't go up usually, but it will show that you had an accident. As opposed to if the insured's insurance would have paid for it.

I'd ask about diminished value since now there will be a carfax stating that your car has been wrecked. It makes it hard to trade in or sell.

Let Allstate handle it and ask for clarification from them on what that looks like, including time frames involved. The insurance companies don't want a legal battle. Depending on where the accident occured, I'd be willing to bet there were security cameras that captured it. Especially if it was at the airport. Might be worth a call for giggles.