Any FU#$S Given?

TTQ B4U

Just playing devil's advocate here, but if that's the case, why wouldn't the state do more to inform and educate the public, especially the family, if nothing else than to help absolve liability?

And of course, I don't expect you to have the answer for the state. I'm just thinking out loud... Well, in text form. ;)

That would involve a medical professional to put their nuts on the table and be open to tons of scrutany for a number of things.

Where there's a chance of Liability, there's tons of money to be made, so I'm sure those involved figured fuck it, let's see what happens and if anyone sues, we'll all get paid and if in the remote chance we lose, the state will pay.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just playing devil's advocate here, but if that's the case, why wouldn't the state do more to inform and educate the public, especially the family, if nothing else than to help absolve liability?

And of course, I don't expect you to have the answer for the state. I'm just thinking out loud... Well, in text form. ;)

Your answer is in the following article.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/10/do-prisoners-have-the-right-to-know-whats-in-their-lethal-injections/280310/

Number one, if the state moved forward with what they considered a questionable dosage of anything, and they seem to be reviewing dosages, that is acting negligently. As for my next question, I'm not saying he was or wasn't tortured. When people seem to take joy in seeing someone in pain, or wishing they could inflict pain on someone else, what separates them from the criminals they wish to see tortured?

He got what he deserved. You want pain free death lets bring back the firing squad.

Fuck him he got off easy, he should have suffered more.

They should have some type of contraption like Jigsaw or something for deathrow inmates.

Something like this would work.

http://blogs.theage.com.au/schembri/saw4.jpg

tie the guy down, give a family member tools to do as he pleases. I can tell you I wouldn't hesitate to raise my hand and go in there and take that fucker out if he did that to my family.

As far as the following:

To answer your question we deserve to be able to live our lives without having to worry about being tortured and killed by another random citizen. It's a big catch 22

We do. Please explain how it's a catch 22.

Number one, if the state moved forward with what they considered a questionable dosage of anything, and they seem to be reviewing dosages, that is acting negligently. As for my next question, I'm not saying he was or wasn't tortured. When people seem to take joy in seeing someone in pain, or wishing they could inflict pain on someone else, what separates them from the criminals they wish to see tortured?

It isn't joy, it is feeling of satisfaction, justice, human emotion of revenge, Hammurabi's eye for an eye philosophy. I just don't see how some people compare the rape, tourture, and murder of a innocent women with a unborn child to the torture of the animal that committed that act.

As far as the following:

We do. Please explain how it's a catch 22.

People having strong emotions but not acting on the emotions is the difference between criminals and humans who want justice to be served.

I am all for making violent criminals suffer at the hands of the state. Why the hell did his family watch him die? They made the choice to see it first hand. It wasn't required. They should of known it wouldn't be a positive experience. You know none of this had to happen if he didn't rape and murder a pregnant woman. This is no one's fault but the dead man's.

Eli, to answer your question about my post, when it comes to my family, there is nothing that I won't do for them... I'm normally a pretty non-violent type of guy, but murder my family, I'll cut your abdomen and watch your innards fall out while making sure to hold a mirror so they have a front row seat and see it all fall out.

there's a big difference between my feelings and some guy choosing a 22 year old pregnant woman to rape and stab until she's dead.

The two meds given were Versed and Dilaudid. At work, we frequently give these two medications to people who are on a ventilator. And why do we do that? Because IT MAKES THEM FEEL GOOD. Being on a vent sucks, so we give these to relax them and take away some of their pain. In high enough doses, these meds will knock out your respiratory drive and the vent does the breathing for them, you know, so they don't die. This man felt like a million bucks 10 seconds after they were in his system. He went to sleep, and that was it. He never knew or felt a thing. The meds cause respiratory arrest. Your body tries to compensate for a bit as best it can, but then the hypoxemia takes its toll, eventually causing cardiac arrest. The process is not exactly quick due to the body's compensatory mechanisms and the body will occasionally gasp, but the mind is unaware of the whole thing. If you've ever had surgery, you've probably been given some versed. Did you remember anything? No you did not.

Every single person who gets this cocktail will die in the same exact manner, and NONE of them will be an instantaneous death. Drugs......unconscious.........respiratory arrest.................................gasp.........................................................................................gasp.......................................................................cardiac arrest. The old 3-drug combo used to consist of a sedative (sodium pentathal), followed by a paralytic (paralyzes everything, including the diaphragm), and then a massive dose of potassium chloride (caused immediate cardiac arrest). It seemed more humane because the inmate was paralyzed; they couldn't gasp even if they wanted to. They then went to a straight sodium pentathal, which produced the exact same results as the versed/dilaudid combo (respiratory arrest --> cardiac arrest), but I believe those hippies in France (where it was made) quit making it once they found out we were using it to kill people.

The only people bitching about and criticizing the process are those with no medical knowledge to back it up. Ask any physician, and they'll tell you the same thing.

I like how these facts seem to get ignored by everybody, even the media trying to drum up the troops on this...

I like how these facts seem to get ignored by everybody, even the media trying to drum up the troops on this...

It gives them something to talk about.

If you've ever (unfortunately) had to watch an elderly person die in a hospital, their course of death is usually identical to this guys, only they usually aren't drugged out of their mind prior to them dying. You can see it on the monitors and how it all plays out (kind of neat [though sad] to watch, in a morbid sort of way...). And it's not exactly a quick process. It usually starts with their respirations slowing down, then they eventually start having pauses in their breathings, then their heart rate will start to drop, they'll gasp a few times, they'll go PEA (pulseless electrical activity), and then asystole. Even after asystole, they'll still make some funky movements with their mouth that could be construed as gasping. And people naturally die like this every single day, and nobody bitches about that.

This fucking world.... :dumb:

Sentencing criminals to death costs taxpayers more money than life without parole AND research has shown the death penalty does not to deter violent crime.

may not deter, but it's 100% effective in preventing repeat offenders.

many "life" sentences are often approx 25yrs(varying by state), then they're eligible for parole.