Ridiculous 9mm Self Defense Round. Brutal Damage

Benner

Seems to be all marketing fluff to me. A number of odd things in their video:

- Turbulence stabilizes projectile? How about the rifling of the barrel.

- Hole saw? Yeah sure. The bullet isn't spinning fast enough for the "teeth" to do any real cutting. It's not going through glass, plywood, sheetrock, etc., any better than any other bullet. In fact, the low weight probably means it won't be going much further if it passes through and/or isn't horribly deflected from the break-apart design.

- "Acrostic wave along predictable vectors"? WTF does this mean? Wait, I heard something like this in a movie called Equilibrium.

- "Potential energy conserved" makes no sense at all.

Generally light for caliber rounds do not perform well in independent penetration tests. A fragmenting bullet means the individual pieces penetrate even less than the whole would. A lightweight bullet is also bad for barrier penetration, unless they're high velocity. These may be high velocity, but that also means they'll be loaded at +P+ levels or more.

I don't buy it.

If he ran many more tests why doesn't he show the rest of them? Also on the videos posted by the bullet manufacturer they shoot 20-30 rounds from a full auto glock into it to show the trocars splitting apart as nice as they do in there videos. I bet if he shot the same gelatin block a couple more times they would penetrate a couple inches deeper and give more of what you saw in the video posted by the manufacturer.

If he ran many more tests why doesn't he show the rest of them? Also on the videos posted by the bullet manufacturer they shoot 20-30 rounds from a full auto glock into it to show the trocars splitting apart as nice as they do in there videos. I bet if he shot the same gelatin block a couple more times they would penetrate a couple inches deeper and give more of what you saw in the video posted by the manufacturer.

How do you know the manufacture gelatin block is calibrated to FBI spec?

How do you know the manufacture gelatin block is calibrated to FBI spec?

Good point, i just assumed. If the block wasn't FBI spec and was softer, would that still cause the rounds to frag apart and the trocar's do what there supposed to? I feel like if the block was softer they wouldnt break apart as there supposed to.

I thought you shoot at the attacker to lower blood pressure?

Since we are on the topic of exotic ammo watch this video if you haven't. He also has the individual videos on his channel if you want more in depth review. I can't wait until he tests this ammo.

You do, you shoot the attacker and lower their blood pressure by getting some of that blood out of their body. Less blood equals less pressure, its science.

Yes exactly. I was being sarcastic to the people who think you should only wound the attacker ;)

It was my understanding, you aren't allowed to simply unload your weapon on a person as that would be "excessive force"? I suppose your argument would be, I kept shooting till he stopped moving... And from my experience with hunting, that could take awhile, so could be argued. I guess it may come down to level of danger. I would treat an attacker coming at me with a bat completely different than someone with a gun. My hope is to never need to worry about it...

It was my understanding, you aren't allowed to simply unload your weapon on a person as that would be "excessive force"? I suppose your argument would be, I kept shooting till he stopped moving... And from my experience with hunting, that could take awhile, so could be argued. I guess it may come down to level of danger. I would treat an attacker coming at me with a bat completely different than someone with a gun. My hope is to never need to worry about it...

You shoot the attacker to stop the threat. If you felt it takes a whole magazine to stop the threat, it takes a whole magazine. How many bullets or magazines it takes shouldn't be a factor when your or your family is in the threat of bodily harm. That shouldn't even be on your mind. There is no laws stating that if you emptied your magazine to stop a threat you are using excessive force. In a justified self defense shooting, the defender gets the benefit of the doubt especially if the castle doctrine or stand your ground is applied. How many police shootings have you seen on the news where the cops emptied a couple of magazines in to an armed criminal to stop the threat.

Anyone knows basic wound ballistics will know that the the G2 RIP is a pile of shit. Don't want to get into it because it has been debated before, which eventually would lead to hydrostatic shock vs blood pressure loss and blah blah blah..

In conclusion, G2 RIP= a pile of shit

Federal HST = best self defense round on the market

Who or what taught you this?

My wife and I took a Utah CCW class from the guy a few years back. I will say that he was VERY informative and knew a lot more about Ohio laws than an Ohio CCW instructor I talked to. I really enjoyed the class and learned more from him than any other firearms, hunter class I ever took. Not saying what he said is accurate, which is why I brought it up :). The laws he did bring up about Ohio that the Ohio instructor didnt know, the class looked up and verified them in the books the ohio instructor had in class. So the excessive force seemed plausible.

His main point was that courts are like reality TV shows and don't necessarily go for the truth. And if you end up in a self defense shooting, to immediately seek an attorney as nothing you say to the police can be used to benefit you. I'm sure he was a little conspiracy theorist, but so am I so, I got it.

My wife and I took a Utah CCW class from the guy a few years back. I will say that he was VERY informative and knew a lot more about Ohio laws than an Ohio CCW instructor I talked to. I really enjoyed the class and learned more from him than any other firearms, hunter class I ever took. Not saying what he said is accurate, which is why I brought it up :). The laws he did bring up about Ohio that the Ohio instructor didnt know, the class looked up and verified them in the books the ohio instructor had in class. So the excessive force seemed plausible.

His main point was that courts are like reality TV shows and don't necessarily go for the truth. And if you end up in a self defense shooting, to immediately seek an attorney as nothing you say to the police can be used to benefit you. I'm sure he was a little conspiracy theorist, but so am I so, I got it.

You need a new instructor. Sounds like he filled your head full of shitty and usless information. The Ohio Law portion is usually taught by an experienced Attorney, not by the instructor in a Ohio CHL class. Utah CCW license should only be used as a way to expand your ccw reciprocity, not as a cheap and easy way to carry in Ohio.