New toy

mrhobbz

I've been wanting to get more into the hobby, further than just hand guns anyway. So after firing a few AR's including the bushmaster with the poly lower I picked up a stag arms model 1.

http://www.mrhobbz.com/CAM00065.jpg

http://www.mrhobbz.com/CAM00066.jpg

http://www.mrhobbz.com/CAM00068.jpg

I've been practicing breaking it down to get more familiar with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy magazines/what a fair price is for AR15 magazines?

Gun envy usually has pmags for around $11. Doesn't get much cheaper than that. If you want to do some cheap and easy upgrades look into magpul handguards, grips and stocks. A more advanced upgrade would be a better trigger. For $65 you can get an ALG ACT trigger which is the best you can do under $200.

ALG Defense is made by Geiselle. Geiselle makes what are arguably the best triggers out there, but they are all match triggers that are $200+

Geiselle wants to keep their name high end, so they made a sub brand called ALG. They offer two different triggers, which are upgraded stock triggers. The QMS is $45 and is a very clean stock trigger, the ACT is the same thing but coated in Nickel Boron (NiB). It's the best "cheap" trigger out there.

Nice looking set up. The AR is the Mr Potato head of rifles, there is so much you can do to it. What are your plans for use of the weapon? Just fun at the range? Any specific mags you are looking for?

Just range shooting, I've been looking at the magpul MOE handguard. It looks like Cabellas carries them, about to head up there and look around.

Gun envy usually has pmags for around $11. Doesn't get much cheaper than that. If you want to do some cheap and easy upgrades look into magpul handguards, grips and stocks. A more advanced upgrade would be a better trigger. For $65 you can get an ALG ACT trigger which is the best you can do under $200.

Thanks for the info man!

Please elaborate, my interest is peaked.

ALG defense triggers are nice, but you can do it your self for free. I have an ALG defense trigger in my LMT, it gets the grit out of the trigger pull and makes a really smooth crip trigger. But i have did my own trigger job on a few of my ars and they come out just as nice.

ALG defense triggers are nice, but you can do it your self for free. I have an ALG defense trigger in my LMT, it gets the grit out of the trigger pull and makes a really smooth crip trigger. But i have did my own trigger job on a few of my ars and they come out just as nice.

+1.

My worked over Mil Spec triggers + $11 JPE spring kit + good lube = 3.5lb on the dot per my trigger pull gauge and are criiiiiisp.

:fuckyeah:

+1.

My worked over Mil Spec triggers + $11 JPE spring kit + good lube = 3.5lb on the dot per my trigger pull gauge and are criiiiiisp.

:fuckyeah:

Know of any good guides on doing triggers? I've never messed with them

Know of any good guides on doing triggers? I've never messed with them

http://www.2acheck.com/polishing-the-ar-15-trigger-and-hammer/

Don't do the ar15 15min trigger job where it requires you to bend the trigger spring and cutting of the hammer spring unless you have spares. You do it wrong and you will have your pins walking out. If you want a lighter trigger pull, just get the JP yellow springs.

Grip, quad rail and AFG is that what I'm seeing

yes sir, i'm now looking at different butt stocks and a few odds and ends. I've been debating on some sort of red dot or ACOG style sights but I'm pretty fond of iron sights.

yes sir, i'm now looking at different butt stocks and a few odds and ends. I've been debating on some sort of red dot or ACOG style sights but I'm pretty fond of iron sights.

I'm currently running aimpoint PROs as my red dots they aren't crazy expensive but are very reliable. I've also just picked up a vortex viper PST 1-4 which I really like and will prob be using on my next build as well.

If you are looking for a cheap red dot, I would go with a Vortex Sparc or a Strikefire both will hold 0, life time warranty from a good company. I have an aimpoint pro as well. They are nice optics for the money.

As for stocks, I like the B6 SOPMOD stock, It's a LMT SOPMOD knock off but it works just as well and half the price. Magpul CTR or the moe is another one I like. It's basic, cheap and works well.