CR Stock Watch

Tractor

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, I had to do it...picked up some more SQQQ @ 32.15 to help dollar-cost average my overall holdings and grabbed some FAZ @ 14.02. Even though WEN, WMC, BAC, etc are all up for me, I'm trying to hold on to take advantage of the dividends, yet still find good opportunities at the top of the market. I figure if there's a correction, I sell the Inverse ETFs for some cash and reinvest it back at reduced share prices.

I've got a 52-week low chart that updates weekly and at the top of the market, nearly all of those stocks are penny-ante dogs that you need to micromanage to either make a quick profit, or avoid losing your a$$ :eek: Too much risk.

Anyone dabble in Dividend ETF's? I've been holding onto a couple of REIT's for yield...

Welp, I had to do it...picked up some more SQQQ @ 32.15 to help dollar-cost average my overall holdings and grabbed some FAZ @ 14.02. Even though WEN, WMC, BAC, etc are all up for me, I'm trying to hold on to take advantage of the dividends, yet still find good opportunities at the top of the market. I figure if there's a correction, I sell the Inverse ETFs for some cash and reinvest it back at reduced share prices.

I've got a 52-week low chart that updates weekly and at the top of the market, nearly all of those stocks are penny-ante dogs that you need to micromanage to either make a quick profit, or avoid losing your a$$ :eek: Too much risk.

Anyone dabble in Dividend ETF's? I've been holding onto a couple of REIT's for yield...

I hold a ton of SCHD, I like your strat but you have to be careful of inverse/etf daily rebalancing. Im doing similar right now as I feel its safe to bet there wont be a huge market pop up anytime soon. I sell OTM call options for income to buy dividend stocks, same with selling OTM puts in large non volatile companies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Crazy thing about longs, so much can effect them. You gotta do research, know what's on the horizon as much as you can and still some of it is luck (gov stays out, etc).

Main reason I try hard to day trade only. Much easier to buy sell on immediate fear/greed and be out over night so there's no surprise news after the bell.

Im in on CYBR - and ENB for some longer holds...

They seems to be doing fairly well, CYBR is up up up right now...We need more cyber crimes lol

ENB is my long term oil supply play, I believe it will hold on. KMI is also a nice play from my searching especially while oil is priced so low.

Anyone else hold these stocks?

Im in on CYBR - and ENB for some longer holds...

They seems to be doing fairly well, CYBR is up up up right now...We need more cyber crimes lol

ENB is my long term oil supply play, I believe it will hold on. KMI is also a nice play from my searching especially while oil is priced so low.

Anyone else hold these stocks?

Ive been buying up SLB the past 10+ years, KMI is very attractive atm imo both actually. I am thinking about exiting SLB and rolling it into XLE to get exposure to both and cut out some volatility and keep the yield.

I have a decent size limit order on some T @ 31.5 to hold forever as a "CD" will add on as it falls if it gets there and doesnt hold.

Any insight on Tesla? Good time to buy or wait?

Anyone else read about Apple to buy Tesla? I can't find the write up right now. But, basically guy who runs Tesla wants to focus on other things. Apple can afford Tesla very easy. Tesla would benefit very well from reliable electronic connection being part of Apple. Side note of, most major player in Apple are huge car enthusiast.

Edited by Mojoe

• 4 months later...

I have a feeling the market's going to have a correction sometime soon...nothing long-term, but low Q1 GDP may give investors a pause, especially considering some of the earnings on LL and TWTR coming out.

Anyone playing a downturn? I have the ability to write options contracts but I dare not dabble with forces I cannot control...

I have a feeling the market's going to have a correction sometime soon...nothing long-term, but low Q1 GDP may give investors a pause, especially considering some of the earnings on LL and TWTR coming out.

Anyone playing a downturn? I have the ability to write options contracts but I dare not dabble with forces I cannot control...

My company is already nailing the windows shut and getting ready for it.

Recent purchases: TSLA @ 191, AXM @ 76, and QCOM @ 67. Very very happy to be in TSLA right now, QCOM is just a good value, AXM is something I feel very safe owning.

I made a little bit with TSLA, but the high swing make me nervous.

Any thought on TWTR. Massive drop the last two days, buy some and wait?

I made a little bit with TSLA, but the high swing make me nervous.

Any thought on TWTR. Massive drop the last two days, buy some and wait?

I was hesitant about TSLA more last year than now. I believe the battery business will be bigger than the auto business for them.

Watching TWTR get haulted on CNBC yesterday was a very rare, cool moment to see. I was sitting there watching the group of 15 guys try to reconcile bids and asks to determine the price old school style, crazy. I did think about purchasing some since it is at such a discount, but I feel more comfortable playing with it in the 30's again like last time. The problem they face now is still the same. Many more people view and get information from tweets than are actually on Twitter, and I don't see them getting any real user growth like people want anytime soon. The challenge is/will be putting a value on the "tweet views" that occur outside of the Twitter universe, I wouldn't want to have to figure out the strategy, hahaha.

"Our evening began in Peter Sichel's comfortable study in his New York townhouse. Where the SQQQ was rallying, with FAZ in the background...and RIG, was delicious.

Mmmm, this correction DOES go well with the rise in oil prices." :gabe:

Hey, I'll take every "up-day" I can after holding onto some of these dividend dogs through the last few months. :lol: