CR Stock Watch

Tractor

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it good time to jump into the currency market? Mainly euro and yen

A light read for you: http://www.hamiltoncapital.com/getattachment/21856997-fa86-45fe-9848-ace3d82b228c/needs-title/

Disclaimer: Tony Caxide is my dad, so I've got an obvious bias. And I'm not in finance/investing in any way.

But he's pretty good at what he does, and when he joined that company they were managing about $500 million, he's helped double their portfolio (through investments and attracting new clients) in about 5 years.

If you find what he's saying intriguing, I encourage you to research more into asset classes.

^^^OT, but Matt Hamilton is a super nice guy, works with a couple people close to me. He would probably sit down to talk with you if you were thinking of playing in the currency market.

I still haven't played in Options, but that's the first non-stock market alternative investment I'd move to before I dabble in Forex...

^^^OT, but Matt Hamilton is a super nice guy, works with a couple people close to me. He would probably sit down to talk with you if you were thinking of playing in the currency market.

I still haven't played in Options, but that's the first non-stock market alternative investment I'd move to before I dabble in Forex...

Matt used to give me tix to the Clippers all the time, he really is an awesome guy. That's 99% of the reason my dad went to work for him, he loathed the culture at Nationwide Financial (with the exception of a few people) but loved Matt's ideas and values.

It's not too often a guy in an executive corporate role goes to work in private wealth management, so that says something about what Matt brings to the table to attract my pops.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone tracking SHAK? Last week was how high can it go, this week is how low will it go? Time to jump in and grab some and wait?

Last week top out at 96.75 and now is trading at 73.50.

I've been watching it but still undecided on whether it's a buy or if it will dip more. To still be that high over the initial IPO makes me think it was undervalued then, or highly overvalued now. I'm leaning towards it's gonna dip some more but ***I am no expert and have not fully researched***

I did however buy a small amount of WTR (Aqua America Inc.) for a long term play on their small intra-day dip the other day. Like AEP, it's a monopoly but for water utility and if you live where they service, you get bent over every month when the bill arrives. Hopefully this will ease the pain and turn into a reach around.

I've been watching it but still undecided on whether it's a buy or if it will dip more. To still be that high over the initial IPO makes me think it was undervalued then, or highly overvalued now. I'm leaning towards it's gonna dip some more but ***I am no expert and have not fully researched***

I did however buy a small amount of WTR (Aqua America Inc.) for a long term play on their small intra-day dip the other day. Like AEP, it's a monopoly but for water utility and if you live where they service, you get bent over every month when the bill arrives. Hopefully this will ease the pain and turn into a reach around.

SHAK is back up to almost $83.

SHAK is back up to almost $83.

I tend to agree with this article:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13167750/1/shake-shack-like-the-burger-not-the-stock.html

For a casual dining chain, the stock's valuation is simply too high. Perhaps Shake Shack deserves a premium to its peers, because its products are excellent. However, no stock deserves an enterprise-to-EBITDA ratio above 90, or a trailing price-earnings ratio of over 1000. Even if its product is ten times better than, say, Sonic (SONC - Get Report), it doesn't necessarily deserve a multiple that is over ten times as high.

I'm not a food investor person, but I like JACK much more than SHAK, even LOCO if I wanted to take a gamble.

Sold almost all of my TSLA @251 for a nice $60/share gain and kept a few free shares.

Purchases in the last couple of weeks: TWTR@36.51 and CSCO @ 29.46.

• 1 month later...
My dad (who works in this business) says other platforms are processing orders and this whole NYSE thing is probably just a glitch resulting from a system upgrade, but he's not sure.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/158/327/i-dont-care-what-you-say-ancient-fucking-aliens.jpg

I'm a fan of inverse ETFs. It's market swings like this where FAZ and SQQQ continue to lift my portfolio. Both up 4.75-5.5% today when the rest of the market is down 1.5%+

Holding inverse ETF's are tough if you hold them overnight. Im not sure you know how rebalancing works if you are

Hahaha, I played around with a triple inverse oil etf for a while earlier in the year. They are fun, but I would argue they are the opposite of protection, they are gambling.

I think the market is going to be crappy for a few weeks here but it doesn't really matter to me since I am only holding two stocks right now and neither one will really be effected by broader market moves. My elephant gun is loaded and I am excited to do some buying soon.

Hahaha, I played around with a triple inverse oil etf for a while earlier in the year. They are fun, but I would argue they are the opposite of protection, they are gambling.

I think the market is going to be crappy for a few weeks here but it doesn't really matter to me since I am only holding two stocks right now and neither one will really be effected by broader market moves. My elephant gun is loaded and I am excited to do some buying soon.

That is my feeling, sold off a lot at the peak...thinking this greek move was going to play out and drop the market quite a ways...Lets watch the prices fall and sneak back in at "discounted" rates.

Physical silver and physical gold are rather cheap right now :) not really a stock, although you can buy paper silver and paper gold. I wouldn't recommend it. IMO, If you don't hold it you don't own it.

Wtf is going on with the oil market? It's summer and it keeps on going down.

Iran and too much in inventory? That's all I keep seeing. I'm trying to decide if I want to make a play or keep waiting.

Sold NAT yesterday at a nice 34% profit after holding and small re-investments the past couple years. Kinda wish I took off the limit order i set a while back to see how far it would rally. Oh well, but on to the next one.