New tow vehicle!

downingracing

Picked up a 14 Silverado 1500 LT that my wife will DD and I will uses to tow (something) for the next few years. It is the 5.3 with the 6 speed auto & 4x4. Towing package and some nice options. Had step tubes installed so my wife could climb in (she is 5' 2" but loves having a big vehicle to drive). 39 month high mileage (15k/yr) lease. Residual is very high so this one will be a use and return. I'm thinking about an enclosed trailer again but won't sell the open trailer until the Civic is gone. (May keep the open trailer either way - they are nice to have around!).

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/Downingracing/3d47f43c-3940-471c-b601-b57b63b17a3b_zpsf5581f3a.jpg

What will the tune do for me? If you say gas mileage... I'm in! (As long as I can put it back to stock for trips to the dealership). :)

I bought an SCT tuner from a sponsor here and it made a huge difference on performance in my F150. It has a fuel economy setting on it but that's boring. It made a really slow truck into a slow truck.

What will the tune do for me? If you say gas mileage... I'm in! (As long as I can put it back to stock for trips to the dealership). :)

not sure on gas mileage, but thought i read somewhere that someone picked up around 40 hp on the new 5.3 with just a tune.