New tow whip

Snowflake

It's an 05 bone stock never modded with 48k miles on it. Picked it up for a real good price and then drove it 1450 miles back to ND and I averaged just under 18mpg. I've put another 1000 miles on it since being here and have no issues. It's my first diesel and it runs pretty strong. It should pull my camper with ease compared to my F150 with the 4.6. I have no plans to mod it other than a nice stereo system and rims. I'd drop it if it wasn't 4x4.

Dat Dually!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/jeepgclwj/image.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/jeepgclwj/image-1.jpg

Nice. I'm also looking to upgrade for camper duties.

Thanks

Schweet!!! and dually 4x4's can be dropped...!!! DO EEEET!!!

I've been looking into it and if it's possible without any hacking consider it done!

Nice tow rig. Give us a towing comparison when you get the chance.

Thanks! I'm anxiously awaiting springtime to tow my camper back to Ohio from ND. I've rented an apt here so it's not needed anymore. I averaged almost 8mpg in the F150 pulling it here and seriously didn't think it would make it up some hills. I'm hoping for at least 14-15mpg pulling the camper and it weighs in at 5000 empty.

Hard to find a good dually diesel that clean at a good price.

As cold as it gets there, is starting any problem? My experience with diesels (owned about 15-20 of them) was all with the old ones, 1970-1985, and those needed block heaters to start if temps went below zero.

Hard to find a good dually diesel that clean at a good price.

As cold as it gets there, is starting any problem? My experience with diesels (owned about 15-20 of them) was all with the old ones, 1970-1985, and those needed block heaters to start if temps went below zero.

I did a little research and heard about the hard starts in cold cold weather and to be honest I haven't tried to start it unless it's at least 10 degrees outside. It seems to do ok when I do start it though. I'm in the process of ordering the heater cord and battery heaters. I'm really just trying not to drive it when real cold, I don't want to mess anything up.

My dually is lowered, drop spindles and air bags in the rear. Rides a lot nicer. I have 19.5 alcoa but it rode like a wagon, just traded them and 2k for some stock wheels. Best choice ever. Keep stock wheels on a dually!

Sweet looking truck, leave it stock power wise.

It has 2WD front rims and center caps, which is odd. 2005 you need access to the hubs so you can select Auto or Lock.

I would imagine being an 05 the injectors and turbo have already had work. If so, if you do EGR delete and head studs, that 6.0 will be rock solid reliable.

As far as cold starts, with this gen truck I have never had to plug one in. If it is really cold, I always let the glow plugs cycle more than once before actually starting.

Nice truck :thumbup:

My dually is lowered, drop spindles and air bags in the rear. Rides a lot nicer. I have 19.5 alcoa but it rode like a wagon, just traded them and 2k for some stock wheels. Best choice ever. Keep stock wheels on a dually!

Sweet looking truck, leave it stock power wise.

Thanks! Got any pics of yours lowered and is it 4x4. It will stay stock, I don't want the problems that come with modding.

Damn nice choice! 15mpg in something that size is amazing.

I got almost 18mpg not pulling over a 1450 mile trip. I'm hoping for 15 towing a 5000lb camper.

It has 2WD front rims and center caps, which is odd. 2005 you need access to the hubs so you can select Auto or Lock.

I would imagine being an 05 the injectors and turbo have already had work. If so, if you do EGR delete and head studs, that 6.0 will be rock solid reliable.

As far as cold starts, with this gen truck I have never had to plug one in. If it is really cold, I always let the glow plugs cycle more than once before actually starting.

Nice truck :thumbup:

Thanks for the info! I sent you a PM.

Delete the Egr or upgrade it sinister makes a nice unit. Flush the entire coolant system with distiller water and refill with a quality ELC. Pick up a nice coolant filter, always use Ford oil and fuel filters ( nothing else). Change to a good synthetic oil Rotella T 6 is what I run. Keep an eye on your batteries and alternator. If they drop levels they can ruin your FICM. Which I'd consider upgrading anyway. Throw some Rev x in it every so often to prolong injector life.

Get yourself a good set of gauges, minimal would be a boost and pyro. Picking up a scangauge2 is also helpful.

They really are good solid motors that will last a long time, but proper maint and educating your self are the big things. They got a bad rap by uneducated people bashing them.

Delete the Egr or upgrade it sinister makes a nice unit. Flush the entire coolant system with distiller water and refill with a quality ELC. Pick up a nice coolant filter, always use Ford oil and fuel filters ( nothing else). Change to a good synthetic oil Rotella T 6 is what I run. Keep an eye on your batteries and alternator. If they drop levels they can ruin your FICM. Which I'd consider upgrading anyway. Throw some Rev x in it every so often to prolong injector life.

Get yourself a good set of gauges, minimal would be a boost and pyro. Picking up a scangauge2 is also helpful.

They really are good solid motors that will last a long time, but proper maint and educating your self are the big things. They got a bad rap by uneducated people bashing them.

I'm researching something to monitor everything. Do you have any suggestions? I'm not into the pillar gauge look, I'm more looking for an all in one unit.

I'm researching something to monitor everything. Do you have any suggestions? I'm not into the pillar gauge look, I'm more looking for an all in one unit.

I'd suggest a scangauge2 then. It'll monitor everything you need. I believe advance still sells them.

Also Edge cts is a nice unit which may be more what your looking for.

Thanks! Got any pics of yours lowered and is it 4x4. It will stay stock, I don't want the problems that come with modding.

I got almost 18mpg not pulling over a 1450 mile trip. I'm hoping for 15 towing a 5000lb camper.

Thanks for the info! I sent you a PM.

I have a 04.5 3500 Sierra. Ford scare me, I've gotten 22mpg with mine.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/407394232.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/406947222.jpg

I have a 04.5 3500 Sierra. Ford scare me, I've gotten 22mpg with mine.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/407394232.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/406947222.jpg

Looks good! I'm betting mine will be dropped as well.

Since your looking for an all in one guage check out the http://www.ultra-gauge.com I have one for my OBD-II cars and love it, it can read a ridiculous amount of parameters. Although you might want to look on the forums for your vehicle and see who has it, cause on some cars itll show more info about certain things than others. (Generally older ones have less info)

Great little tool though!