How do you guys feel about the 2002 Pontiac Aztek?

Browning

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now 3800 V6s from GM were great engines, a few minor leaks aside it was bulletproof. 3100 3400s are a different story. I wouldn't own the new 3.6l V6 for any length of time either.

This. I wont own anything with a 3.6. Ive owned 2 cars with the 3.1 and luckily never had issues (sold my first one with just shy of 200k on it and sold the second at just shy of 300k)

All 3 of my 3800's are champs. Ones sitting at 167k another at 122k and the third at about 170, and its also made more passes at trails than scott's camaro and pauls neon combined

Make sure the PCM recall was done to the Vibe, otherwise at least its better then an Aztec.

I will check into it, thanks. What do I do just call a GM dealer and give them the vin?

Edit-Called Bobby Layman. Recall has already been done :)

Edited by Browning

is it me or does the front bumper look repainted?

Back and front look identically and pretty faded. The picture I posted doesn't show it well I get another here shortly. I haven't done a real good checking on the bumpers but they almost appear as if they're dyed plastic/poly and not paint? Carfax is clean as a whistle

Pictars of a Vibe

Looks like the clear coat is gone. I'm no expert, but you could try a fine buffing compound and wax. Does the paint on the door jambs match? It looked like a vibrant orange/yellow in some of the photos you linked to on an earlier page.

Looks like the clear coat is gone. I'm no expert, but you could try a fine buffing compound and wax. Does the paint on the door jambs match? It looked like a vibrant orange/yellow in some of the photos you linked to on an earlier page.

Yea they match the rest of the steel on the car. I checked out pictures of other red cars they had on their site and it's a photographer error

For instance

http://www.donwood.com/inventory-details/title/columbus-oh-athens-oh-used-2011-volkswagen-jetta-sedan/vehicleid/540113562-753282lr

http://www.donwood.com/inventory-details/title/columbus-oh-athens-oh-used-2010-dodge-charger/vehicleid/539851582-75470l

There was a camaro on there the same exact color as the vibe. Had two pics showing the same area. One had less light and looked fine, the other had a ton of light and was very orange looking lol

I wouldn't sweat the paint thing too much. Mazda has been doing this for years. They use single stage paint on the bumpers, and BC/CC on everything else. This leads to uneven fading. If you don't want to repaint, try a good wetsand, buff, and polish on them.