National Trails Thursday Night Fightz

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesnt sound like a rip-off from "Thursday Night Lightz" which turned into "Friday Night Lightz".

Im well aware a money making event as Zerolift had success with is bound to catch on, but you would think they would come up with an original name, lol.

I do notice the "heavyweight" event is 1/8 mile....

I wonder if they will have the same street-car/class rules drama as TNL/FNL/CSW (Cincy Street Wars)...

A little long but here you go.

RULES:

• ALL Racing is Heads Up Style

• All races will be started by hand drop; the tree WILL NOT be used.

• Leaving before the starter drops their arms results in an automatic loss.

• A minimum of 2 tech/spotters will be on track during all eliminations

• A vehicle may only register in one race class

• Vehicles must drive on and off of the Track surface under their own power. No Pushing, Towing unless the vehicle is broken. Jumping a car at the starting line will result in a Disqualification.

• Each Class will run ONE round - giving time break between elimination rounds

• During eliminations all vehicles must return immediately to the staging lanes. Vehicles may not return to their pits during eliminations: All fueling/charging/bottle changes/tire pressure changes/etc. must be done in the staging lanes. Any violations will result in disqualification.

• Drivers must be by their vehicles during the elimination rounds, this will keep things moving.

• If you are not in/on your vehicle and ready to race when it is time for you to be pulled out of the staging lanes you will be disqualified.

• For all elimination rounds, vehicle numbers will be drawn out of a hat. A track worker will draw for and assign lane choice. At the event staffs’ discretion after the draw vehicles may be put into a bracket and run through the bracket for eliminations.

• If you have not shown up by the time the 5 minute are over you will forfeit the race.

• 10 min cool down will only be allowed for the last 3 Heavyweight Runs

• Negotiations only allowed for the FINAL (best of 3) Races in Bike, Cruiserweight and Heavyweight classes only.

• If no negotiation has been agreed upon within the 10 Minutes, an event official will decide the outcome)

• Anyone who is not staff will not be permitted on the track at any time. (unless permission granted

• A maximum of 2 crew members will be permitted on the track for Bike, Cruiserweight and Heavyweight classes only. If more than 2 crew members are on the track the result will be a forfeit/loss for the offending team/driver

• Badges will be available for 2 crew members per contestant

• Once each race is completed, that Crew must exit the track until the car and driver return to the burnout box.

• A Mandatory Drivers Meeting will take place before the start of racing at every event

• Anyone found using a G-Tech or other performance meter during eliminations will be disqualified from the event immediately.

• ALL RACERS MUST FOLLOW THE RULES. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE RULES AND FOLLOW THEM

RAINOUTS:

• In the event of a weather or track conditions event cancellation occurring prior to Finals or not being able to finish eliminations due to time constraints; the class winnings will be carried over to the following week!

VENDOR INFO:

• We welcome any and all Vendors or Shops in the Tri-State Area to participate in this event. Please contact us to set up Booth Space.

• If you have any questions, comments or concerns, Please contact us at 317-250-7655

GENERAL TECH:

Cars

• Cars must be able to pass tech inspection as per current NHRA Rulebook

• All racers under age 18 must have signed parental consent

• Helmet required for 13.99 and under and all convertibles

• Roll bar and helmet required for 11.49 and under except for cars meeting NHRA 2008+ manufactured vehicle requirements

• Roll Cage required for all vehicles running 9.99 and faster

• Windshields must be free of any cracks.

• Helmet (Minimum Snell K-98-2000 or 2005 +

• Seat belts required for all vehicles.

• All Racers will need Long pants, closed toe shoes and a Shirt. (No sleeveless or tank tops)

• Hubcaps and beauty rings must be removed

• T-tops must be secured.

• Overflow can on coolant system of at least 16oz.

Bikes

• Bikes must be able to pass tech inspection as per current NHDRO Rulebook

• All racers under age 18 must have signed parental consent

• All racers must wear full leathers helmet gloves and shoes that cover ankle

• All bike must have 2 inch ground clearance

• All bikes must have kill tether

• All bike must have chain guard

• All bikes must have rear breaks

LICENSE, REGISTRATION & INSURANCE:

• Vehicle license, registration and insurance required

• Paperwork must match the VIN# on the vehicle

• VIN tag must be present and visible in original factory location

• NHDRO license requires ($15 for 1 year license purchase at registration)

• Rear license plate must be displayed in proper manner.

• No dealer tags or insurance allowed for cars racing in eliminations

• Event staff reserves all rights regarding vehicle eligibility and disqualification

TRACK PREP:

• Track will be prepped at the beginning of the event. Track prep may be touched up before eliminations and/or as determined by event staff

CLASS TECH:

Welterweight (13.00) & Middleweight (11.50):

TRAILERS:

No trailered in vehicles allowed. Car must be driven on and off the property under their own power. Vehicles must be driven in and out of the staging lanes under their own power. No tow vehicles may be used during racing except in the event of breakage or mechanical failure.

ENGINE:

All Engine Configurations, Power Adders, and Fuel Types are permitted.

EXHAUST: All Naturally Aspirated, Nitrous and Supercharged cars must have an exhaust system equipped with mufflers and extend past the firewall. Electronic and manual cutouts permitted. Turbocharged cars may run an open downpipe. No hood exit exhaust systems permitted.

FRAME & CHASSIS:

Stock frame rails must be retained in stock locations front and rear. Sub frame connectors are permitted. Frame rail and body modifications are allowed for tire clearance in this class.

Cars may not be Halved, Front, or Back regardless of tire size.

FRONT SUSPENSION:

All cars must retain factory stock-type suspension. Bolt on aftermarket suspension components allowed, including coil-over conversions as long as the stock mounting locations are retained.

REAR SUSPENSION:

Stock rear suspension mounting points must be used.

TIRES:

No tire size restriction. Tires must be DOT approved

BODY:

The car must retain its original appearance and profiles. Aftermarket fiberglass parts are permitted. No 1-piece front ends allowed.

LIGHTING:

Vehicle must have functioning OE type Head lights, Tail lights and brake lights.

INTERIOR:

Must retain factory dashboard, 2 front seats (racing or other), and door panels. (Aftermarket door panels Fiberglass or Carbon may be used) Panels and Dashboard may be modified in order to clear safety equipment.

WINDOWS:

Stock OEM Front Windshield required, door and rear glass may be replaced. Door glass must be able to be raised and lowered.

SAFETY EQUIPMENT:

Car must meet all safety requirements for ET as per the current NHRA Rulebook.

Cruiserweight: (heads up 1/4 mile)

TRAILERS AND SUPPORT VEHICLES:

Trailers permitted. Vehicles must be driven in and out of the staging lanes under their own power. No tow vehicles may be used during racing except in the event of breakage or mechanical failure.

ENGINE:

FRAME & CHASSIS:

Stock frame rails must be retained in stock locations front and rear. Sub frame connectors are permitted. Frame rail and body modifications are allowed for tire clearance in this class.

Cars may not be Halved, Front, or Back regardless of tire size.

FRONT SUSPENSION:

All cars must retain factory stock-type suspension. Bolt on aftermarket suspension components allowed, including coil-over conversions as long as the stock mounting locations are retained.

Vehicle must pass all NHRA tech requirements for its E.T.

REAR SUSPENSION:

Stock style rear suspension and factory mounting points must be maintained.

TIRES:

Types of tires are not restricted; DOT, Slicks etc. are permitted. Slick Type Tire size is limited to 28x10.50” as marked on sidewall (Excludes 10.50W tire),

DOT Slicks must not exceed 28” in height or 10.5 width as measured through tread section (not sidewall)

DOT Drag Radials limited to a 315 width.

Larger Street Radial tires allowed if tread wear rating is 200 or greater. (must be identifiable on sidewall of tire).

BODY:

The car must retain its original appearance and profiles. Aftermarket fiberglass parts are permitted. No 1-piece front ends allowed.

LIGHTING:

Vehicle must have functioning OE type Headlights, Taillights and brake lights.

INTERIOR:

Must retain dashboard, 2 front seats (racing or other), and door panels. (Aftermarket door panels of any material may be used) Panels and Dashboard may be clearanced in order to clear roll bars/cages.

WINDOWS:

Stock OEM Front Windshield required, door and rear glass may be replaced. Door glass must be able to be raised and lowered.

SAFETY EQUIPMENT:

Heavyweight: (heads up 1/8 mile)

Trailers permitted. Vehicles must be driven out of the staging lanes under their own power. No tow vehicles may be used during racing except in the event of breakage or mechanical failure.

ENGINE:

EXHAUST:

No exhaust restrictions.

FRAME & CHASSIS:

Stock front frame rails must be retained in stock location. Sub frame connectors are permitted. Frame rail and body modifications are allowed for tire clearance in this class.

Cars may be back halved

FRONT SUSPENSION:

Vehicle must pass all NHRA tech requirements for its E.T.

REAR SUSPENSION:

Any style rear suspension setup allowed.

TIRES:

No tire size restriction. Not tire type restriction.

BODY:

LIGHTING:

Vehicle must have functioning OE type Head lights, Tail lights and brake lights.

INTERIOR:

Must retain factory dashboard, 2 front seats (racing or other), and door panels. (Aftermarket door panels of any material may be used) Panels and Dashboard may be clearance in order to clear the roll bar.

WINDOWS:

Front Windshield required, door and rear glass may be replaced. Side windows must be able to be raised and lowered.

SAFETY EQUIPMENT:

Bike: (heads up 1/4 mile)

Trailers permitted. Vehicles must be driven out of the staging lanes under their own power. No tow vehicles may be used during racing except in the event of breakage or mechanical failure.

ENGINE:

DRIVETRAIN:

Standard hand clutch required.

FRAME & SWINGARM:

Frame must remain as manufactured. May use aftermarket or modified swingarms. Bolt in swingarm extensions allowed. No wheelie bars. No cut seat rail.

LIGHTING:

Bike must have functioning OE style head light & Taillight

TIRES:

Bikes must run DOT approved motorcycle tire.

LICENSE PLATE:

Must be affixed to bike and visible.

SAFETY EQUIPMENT:

Bike must meet all safety requirements for ET as per the current NHDRO

lololol I am pretty sure they did a copy paste job from Thursday/Friday night lightz on the rules too, hahaha. (And I'm not saying you have the same rules, or chose the same, but they listed literally in the same order, with the same wording; ie copy/paste, lol)

Again, I'm all about spreading the event around, but at least show some effort in originality, lol

Wait! I see the ploy in the rules! "Nhrdo license require[d]"... So this is a way to up the number of this "license"... A license that I am pretty sure most major tracks don't like/respect because it doesn't match NHRA rules... I think the track inspector said "yea, that's not a real license"...

.... Just stirring the pot... But I do find it funny.

The license part is bullshit, so is the hood exit exhaust. I run in the street class at Import Faceoff with it, I drive it on the street with no issues. Hell it's the same ticket as an open downpipe that is facing the rear of the car. I wish them the best with this event, I just won't be attending nor spreading the word about it.

The dude running it seems like a real douche. First he tells me that an NHRA license is only required at 9.99 and not at 135mph, he then tells me that hood exit exhaust are illegal but open downpipes aren't. They are illegal in the same manner, both exhaust violations. While this event looked promising at the beginning, it has a lot of fail written on it.

Cool concept, but they really need to open it up. Maybe add in a bracket race for cars that wont be competetive in those classes. Its just not worth it for me to enter with a mid 13 second car.

You should do ok in the 13.0 index. I believe they are heads up, which means as long as you don't go faster than 13.0 but finish first you win. Or am I totally wrong here?

I don't drag race near as often as most do in here, but the two lolz I found were the NHRDO license and the hood exhaust. As stated, same damn ticket.

Also I don't like the License plate deal. I know a few people who drive stuff on the street regularly with a battery relocation and have the "push off" switch behind the plate, then they take the plate off at the track. Kind of a weird rule...

Edited by Geeesammy