National Trails Thursday Night Fightz

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should do ok in the 13.0 index. I believe they are heads up, which means as long as you don't go faster than 13.0 but finish first you win. Or am I totally wrong here?

Your right, but my best is only a 13.67. If some one has a 13.00 or close car and they dont get a horrible light, im screwed

Lots of crying in here.

No crying here. I could care less. Im just saying that in their best interest with trying to get people out there. This is something new that really hasnt been done at trails before, and the time they do try this, they basically aim it at a select few

No crying here. I could care less. Im just saying that in their best interest with trying to get people out there. This is something new that really hasnt been done at trails before, and the time they do try this, they basically aim it at a select few

Same thing I am getting at. Not crying, but I really enjoy racing at the track and can probably get a bunch of people to go as well. Oh well, hopefully they have a good turnout.

Good reason to make your car quicker?

I have a 383 sitting in the garage that would put me pretty well in the 11.50 class. Not that it realky matters though, even if i currently had an 11.90 car, still wouldnt waste my time since it still wouldnt be competetive.

Gary, I have seen a lot of slower cars win faster classes. For instance I watched a turbo sohc Honda that ran 11's win a class that usually has 8 and 9 second cars winning it. Cars break, people miss gears, people spin out of the hole, ect... Go race and see what happens.

And if being a ricer is your thing, get a 240 or something... But to do the "my car deserves better tires to make it fair because it sucks otherwise" is dumb...

That's like me saying, you have to add 500-1000 lbs to your car to make it fair because it's lighter...

Hello gents. Im Brian and as DaddyBuiltRacing put it, Im the douche bag running this events.

Please let me clear up a few things:

1) Yes this event is modeled after the lightz event at EW and KK. I talked to the promoter and got his permission to try the same format at NTR. So im not sure where the problem is here just trying to have an event close to home to avoid the drive every week.

2) Yes a $15 yearly license is required if you run better than 9.99. This is to avoid causing the racers to have to purchase an NHRA license. Not sur about the car guys but this a big deal for the bikes. With the license you get an event shirt so its basically $5 for the license.

3) NHDRO is a NHRA ASO and our rulebook has to be approved by NhRa every year

4) I never said open downpipes were legal. DaddyBuiltRacing asked why hood exhaust werent but downpipes where?

5) Funny. All im trying to do is bring a street event close to home and there is all the negativity. Wow!!! Hope to see you all at NTR!!

Hello gents. Im Brian and as DaddyBuiltRacing put it, Im the douche bag running this events.

1) Yes this event is modeled after the lightz event at EW and KK. I talked to the promoter and got his permission to try the same format at NTR. So im not sure where the problem is here just trying to have an event close to home to avoid the drive every week.

2) Yes a $15 yearly license is required if you run better than 9.99. This is to avoid causing the racers to have to purchase an NHRA license. Not sur about the car guys but this a big deal for the bikes. With the license you get an event shirt so its basically $5 for the license.

4) I never said open downpipes were legal. DaddyBuiltRacing asked why hood exhaust werent but downpipes where?

5) Funny. All im trying to do is bring a street event close to home and there is all the negativity. Wow!!! Hope to see you all at NTR!!

I'm down to check it out as making the drive out to Kilkare on a weeknight typically doesn't work out for me. So I'm glad somebody is trying to do more at Trails.

I'm sure this isn't your first venture on the internet so don't pay any mind to the negativity.

Ignore the negativity, ricers gonna rice. :gabe:

I'd like to try and make it out to one of these.

I'm not trying to stir the pot or be a "hater" on the No Hatin' organization, but in the rules this is what is stated. I'd assume he thought you made or had a large part in making the rules...

EXHAUST: All Naturally Aspirated, Nitrous and Supercharged cars must have an exhaust system equipped with mufflers and extend past the firewall. Electronic and manual cutouts permitted. Turbocharged cars may run an open downpipe. No hood exit exhaust systems permitted.

Also as far as the $15 license comments, the $15 license wasn't explained in the rules. I'm sure this also caused some confusion as well. Not sure if this was a copy-paste error or if it was accidentally omitted in the beginning, but I know I thought I'd have to purchase a $15 license to run 11's from the way I read the rules. Is your license reciprocal with the NHRA licensing? Is theirs reciprocal with yours? For $15 a license and a shirt seems like a good deal regardless if NHRA honors it or not.

• NHDRO license requires ($15 for 1 year license purchase at registration)

I'm not trying to stir the pot or be a "hater" on the No Hatin' organization, but in the rules this is what is stated. I'd assume he thought you made or had a large part in making the rules...

Also as far as the $15 license comments, the $15 license wasn't explained in the rules. I'm sure this also caused some confusion as well. Not sure if this was a copy-paste error or if it was accidentally omitted in the beginning, but I know I thought I'd have to purchase a $15 license to run 11's from the way I read the rules. Is your license reciprocal with the NHRA licensing? Is theirs reciprocal with yours? For $15 a license and a shirt seems like a good deal regardless if NHRA honors it or not.

Last I checked NHRA will not acknowledge any other sanctioning bodies licenses.

I never called you a douche bag personally, just the user name I was speaking to, as I mentioned in the pm reply I just sent to you on facebook where you messaged me "The dude running it seems like a real douche". No where in that statement did it say, Brian Welch is a douche bag. You could very well be the coolest dude I have ever met. As for you open downpipe comment, your own rule book states they are legal but for some reason a downpipe turned up side down is a huge no no. You also state you want cars 100% street legal, well then you had better check for cats and bust out a db meter to make sure they aren't breaking any federal or local laws, correct? If you're gonna bend the rules for one you might as well bend them for all, am I right? As I have said in here a couple times, good luck to you on your event. Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing