Building a house, loan question

Sam1647545489

Mark is the one to hit up on this. Constructions loans can be challenging, but if you are looking to do you own build, licensed contracting and build plan should be your first hurdle. I've been out of that field for 6 years now, so there may be more to it now.

I foresee a completely concrete home, toilet and all.

I see nothing wrong with that. I would like one.

Another issue you will likely face with a unique build, is many places will not finance it. If it is not like other homes in the area, lenders see it as too much of a risk. Remember, they see it as you defaulted on the build and even the home once it is done. How can they justify value, by "like" comparison in that area. Expect that the higher the risk for them = uniqueness, this could be reflected in the rate you get offered from them .

Another issue you will likely face with a unique build, is many places will not finance it. If it is not like other homes in the area, lenders see it as too much of a risk. Remember, they see it as you defaulted on the build and even the home once it is done. How can they justify value, by "like" comparison in that area. Expect that the higher the risk for them = uniqueness, this could be reflected in the rate you get offered from them .

+1. We looked at a couple of out of the box ideas for our next house and decided it was too much of a headache.

Anyone work in this department. I am gonna build my own house next year but it wont be a typical house. I have a few questions about the loan I need to take. Feel free to pm me if needed.

I got you, bruh. I'm working with my underwriter on some details that I will have for you Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

-Marc