Wheel whores L@@K - BMW carbon-fiber

zeitgeist57

It is not a new concept. Dymag is, what I believe, the first wheel manufacturer that used carbon fibre in load-bearing part of an automotive wheel. There is a market for ultra-expensive wheels even made of common aluminum alloy; I'm sure there is also a market for carbon-fibre wheels within the same demographics.

It is not a new concept. Dymag is, what I believe, the first wheel manufacturer that used carbon fibre in load-bearing part of an automotive wheel. There is a market for ultra-expensive wheels even made of common aluminum alloy; I'm sure there is also a market for carbon-fibre wheels within the same demographics.

$100 says would not last a pothole season here.

Yes, I remembered a guys put his Dymag CF wheels on and found an extra 14whp from the loss of unsprung weight. Iirc it was $10k a wheel.

Dodge and Carroll Shelby developed a structural plastic wheel back in the 80s and sold them on CSX-VNT Shadows as the Fiberride. They weren't carbon fiber, I believe they were Delrin or something similar, but the concept of a plastic or fiberglass wheel isn't all that new.