Focus RS Coming Stateside

Stretch

I don't mind the FWD, as you wouldn't be using this for anything too wild.

The Fiesta ST handles amazing! It's pretty hard to believe, but it does.

I feel 320+hp in that chassis is way too much.

Yeah I have a Focus ST with a Cobb AP and even with just a Stage 1 93oct tune, the front wheels can't keep traction. Without AWD there's really no reason to get an RS over an ST.

No AWD, no 2 door, no care. LOVED the RS due to the turbo awd goodness and two doors, but if it only comes as the 4 door and fwd it will be completely ruined. Wonder how hard it would be to import a RS from Europe over here and if it could be title'd and driven on the street.

if its awd ill scoop one up, I have hoped that ford would eventually do this. However a 300awhp car that responds very well to slight mods might put a hurt on mustang sales.

That being said, most people who would purchase a mustang will most likely still purchase that mustang.

Ill take the RS...

The last Focus RS, with the Volvo 5 cyl, had some special diff that apparently made it handle super well. Still, I don't get why they don't pull a Subaru and offer AWD versions just like their race cars.

I think it was just a special knuckle, later copied on GM cars as the HiPer Strut.

if its awd ill scoop one up, I have hoped that ford would eventually do this. However a 300awhp car that responds very well to slight mods might put a hurt on mustang sales.

That being said, most people who would purchase a mustang will most likely still purchase that mustang.

Ill take the RS...

I don't think it would hurt Mustang sales. Like you said, people will always buy Mustangs no matter what else is out there. Some people just love the things

Considering the Focus RS has always been FWD, I doubt they will make the change to AWD, unless it has just too much power for an FWD drivetrain. Excited to see the RS' over here though, after seeing the Green last gen RS that Ford USA has. Interested to see how sales will compare to the ST, though

No AWD, no 2 door, no care. LOVED the RS due to the turbo awd goodness and two doors, but if it only comes as the 4 door and fwd it will be completely ruined. Wonder how hard it would be to import a RS from Europe over here and if it could be title'd and driven on the street.

The RS has never been AWD.

Yeah I have a Focus ST with a Cobb AP and even with just a Stage 1 93oct tune, the front wheels can't keep traction. Without AWD there's really no reason to get an RS over an ST.

What's the power gain? I'm still waiting for warm dry pavement for good traction but more power is always good. Maybe a ride is in order come spring? :)

No AWD, no care.

yep

No care here either.

If Ford has decided to cap the power, this suggests that the RS will remain front-wheel drive only.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/new-ford-focus-rs-coming-america/#ixzz2uTyDv7CB

Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook