You have $50,000 to buy a car.

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game, Set, Match:

Exceptionally strong move right out of the gate.

Bonuses for that exhaust note, styling, and uniqueness to our local car scene.

9/10 gold chains

This:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh186/tilley614/NSX.jpg

I already own that one.

-2/10 hair products

Paul, I like what you've done here. I've always been a fan of the GTS Viper. Unfortunately, Vipers' exhaust sound like ass. That first Maserati you linked is hot to fucking trot. I might make an inquiry on it. For serious. Not only did you list choices, but you linked actual cars that could be bought.

9.2/10 faux hawks

2002 Cougar.

I said you only have $50,000.

-7/10 for following directions

I would consider a 2011 M3. I could also see you in a C6Z, but car and driver gave it 2/5 panaches.

Not bad, especially the way you used panaches.

7/10 popped collars

Convertible, my hair, 'nough said.

-15/10 styling sessions

I would probably have to go with a Z06... Amazing track cars (Any type of racing), great for cruising around, and such a raw car to drive. Manual, huge v8 engine, Fast, where can you go wrong. Not to mention they look soo damn good! Theres also a million shops and a million different possible mods for them. Not like trying to mod a Benz or a high end euro car (I could see that getting REALLY expensive REALLY fast)

I would probably go Z06.

Solid choice. However, not rating very high on uniqueness factor. Also, kind of been there, done that.

5/10 flaming Corvettes

Holding my affection for corvettes aside, there are SEVERAL cars I would love owning at that price point. But the very first one that comes to mind is a factory five GTM...

BTW, just stop the bullshit and buy the ctsv I linked to you and be done with it.

How do you know I'm not posting for a friend? Minus points for your insinuations and veiled accusations, my good sir.

-3/10 handlebar mustaches

NAILED IT

http://photos.ecarlist.com/M9/OV/Hu/f2/6g/2J/Aj/BR/g0/S2/yg_640.jpg

http://www.domanimotorcars.com/web/used/Chrysler-Prowler-2002-Deerfield-Beach-Florida/10866826/

In all cerealness, you can't go wrong with a 911 Turbo...

http://www.domanimotorcars.com/web/used/Porsche-911-2007-Deerfield-Beach-Florida/11786038/

Also, would you consider a Factory Five GTM or 33 Hot Rod?

https://www.factoryfive.com/kits/33-hot-rod/

Thoughtful, provocative, and compelling. Just like my erections.

9/10 douchie Porche driving gloves

The Caterham 7 620R just came out and was just on topgear, that thing looked wicked! 310 hp, sequential gearbox, 2.8s 0-60, cant remember the weight but not alot.

I've never heard of a Caterwaul 7000. Sounds intriguing. Post a pic next time to enhance your score.

3.2/10 crumpets

Brooksville 33 ford with a coyote drivetrain

I have no idea what you just said.

5/10 blank stares

I've been shopping this segment for the past 6 months...but I'm pretty focused on what I want and despite knowing how great C6 Z06's are it's just not my deal. It's by far the best performing car you can buy in that price range. Also, since I do all of my own mechanical work warranty isn't a big deal to me. You didn't mention if that was a requirement but it severely limits what you can get if warranty is needed.

Maserati GranTurismo and Aston V8 Vantage would be on my radar but not for $50k. You're picking up a bottom of the market car to hit the $$$ point which would scare the crap out of me in either one of those cars. I have a friend with an early V8 Vantage and he loves the thing, it's been highly reliable for him so take that for what you will. You need to spend $60 for a good V8 Vantage and closer to $70 still for a GranTurismo

996 Turbo would also be high on MY list, maybe the winner when it comes down to practicality and minimal fear of owning something outside of warranty. The platform is proven and rock solid. I wouldn't personally own a highly modified turbo...give me exhaust and chip and maybe the K24's off of a GT2 drive the crap out of the thing. Been trying to talk my wife into daily driving one for the past 6 months she doesn't want something that "old"... whatever. Good news about this car is it's pretty much bottomed out in value. Pick up a $50k 996 turbo and 3-5 years down the road it's still worth damn near the same money. Spend $65-70 on a 996 GT2 and there is a strong possibility you get all or even more of your money back out of that car when you go to get rid of it. GT cars (GT2 and GT3) have been increasing in value lately not decreasing

If warranty is a factor E92 M3 is the only car I'd consider. Nice, low mileage '11's can be had around $50k.

hope that helps

Do not get a Maserati if you intend to stay happy with the car for a while (more than a year). They age poorly and depreciate accordingly.

Matt Farah:

"I know what a 70,000 mile QP feels like. It feels like trash. There's a reason a 5 year old QP sells for $25,000 at a wholesale auction. The leather may feel nice, the engine may sound good, it may be pretty and it may be fast, but I have loads of experience with exotic cars and these cars do not age well at all in terms of fit, finish, and quality. They are unreliable, crazy expensive to repair and maintain, and, in my experience, bits literally fall off them."

IF it were me:

Toy - 2002 SRT Viper (the last year of the og GTS body)

All year (within reason) - mid 00's Porsche 911 Targa 4s

You've got to admit - looking good and going fayst in the summer's cool. However, erbody sees that guy driving an above averag vehicle that's kept clean in the winter.

If I was given 50k to blow on something other than hookers and coke I would get the CTS-V

I have seen these cars put down good numbers at the LSX Shoot Out events, parts are easy and cheap to find, dealers all over to service it.

So, get the CTS-V, put some wheels on it, put an exhaust on it, and go pimp ho's nationwide like the Godfather...

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m574/Eyeheartfreedumb/godfather-wwf-titantron_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

I've been shopping this segment for the past 6 months...but I'm pretty focused on what I want and despite knowing how great C6 Z06's are it's just not my deal. It's by far the best performing car you can buy in that price range. Also, since I do all of my own mechanical work warranty isn't a big deal to me. You didn't mention if that was a requirement but it severely limits what you can get if warranty is needed.

Maserati GranTurismo and Aston V8 Vantage would be on my radar but not for $50k. You're picking up a bottom of the market car to hit the $$$ point which would scare the crap out of me in either one of those cars. I have a friend with an early V8 Vantage and he loves the thing, it's been highly reliable for him so take that for what you will. You need to spend $60 for a good V8 Vantage and closer to $70 still for a GranTurismo

996 Turbo would also be high on MY list, maybe the winner when it comes down to practicality and minimal fear of owning something outside of warranty. The platform is proven and rock solid. I wouldn't personally own a highly modified turbo...give me exhaust and chip and maybe the K24's off of a GT2 drive the crap out of the thing. Been trying to talk my wife into daily driving one for the past 6 months she doesn't want something that "old"... whatever. Good news about this car is it's pretty much bottomed out in value. Pick up a $50k 996 turbo and 3-5 years down the road it's still worth damn near the same money. Spend $65-70 on a 996 GT2 and there is a strong possibility you get all or even more of your money back out of that car when you go to get rid of it. GT cars (GT2 and GT3) have been increasing in value lately not decreasing

If warranty is a factor E92 M3 is the only car I'd consider. Nice, low mileage '11's can be had around $50k.

hope that helps

Your posts always help.

10/10 car enthusiasts

IF it were me:

Toy - 2002 SRT Viper (the last year of the og GTS body)

All year (within reason) - mid 00's Porsche 911 Targa 4s

You've got to admit - looking good and going fayst in the summer's cool. However, erbody sees that guy driving an above averag vehicle that's kept clean in the winter.

Miller, always solid.

9.5/10 monocles

If I was given 50k to blow on something other than hookers and coke I would get the CTS-V

I have seen these cars put down good numbers at the LSX Shoot Out events, parts are easy and cheap to find, dealers all over to service it.

So, get the CTS-V, put some wheels on it, put an exhaust on it, and go pimp ho's nationwide like the Godfather...

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m574/Eyeheartfreedumb/godfather-wwf-titantron_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

Wagner, always getting it.

CTS-V would be high up on my list for sure. Though, I don't know how I feel about the white. And I usually need white. I know, racist.

9.9/10 trunks filled with hookers