You have $50,000 to buy a car.

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321351301461#ht_2783wt_1121

Some stringback driving gloves and you're set. If you can't dominate the racetrack, at least pay homage to the classics and exude style at the same time.

If anything, PLEASE get it out of the hands of whomever wrote that eBay ad. The speling gave me a hedacke.

I'm interested in knowing the answer to this as well.

With a 35k car you have oil changes - let's call a lambo oil change $500/3k miles (I'm not saying that's what it would be, just for the sake of the conversation). Then you might have regular maint. on that totaling 3k? (Brakes, misc. stuff?). Let's tack on $2,500 for a 45,000 check up.

Call it $5-6k/year? Seems pretty reasonable considering the car and brand. Right? Am I talking crazy here?

Ps- I'm just putty out crazy expensive numbers (for me).

wow......i wonder what it costs to keep that G on the road? Say i buy that and want to put 7-10k miles on it per year. What costs am i looking at?

Clutch replacement will be $5-7K but they last anywhere from 10-30K miles depending on how you drive the car. Typical maintenance (oil change, filters, etc) will be approx $1K/yr. Not nearly as much as some Ferrari's or older Lamborghini's to maintain.

Clutch replacement will be $5-7K but they last anywhere from 10-30K miles depending on how you drive the car. Typical maintenance (oil change, filters, etc) will be approx $1K/yr. Not nearly as much as some Ferrari's or older Lamborghini's to maintain.

Thats not too bad.

I guess its important to keep in mind its almost a 10 year old car thats near the bottom of the barrel for its market.

Thats not too bad.

I guess its important to keep in mind its almost a 10 year old car thats near the bottom of the barrel for its market.

Yeah, I don't think that's bad at all in terms of maintenance money.

Also, I likely lack a discerning eye, but even though that car is nearly 10 years old, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between that model and the models from the 10 years that surround it. Meaning, it still looks relatively new to me.

Yeah, I don't think that's bad at all in terms of maintenance money.

Also, I likely lack a discerning eye, but even though that car is nearly 10 years old, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between that model and the models from the 10 years that surround it. Meaning, it still looks relatively new to me.

yeah i agree

id offer that guy $80,000 and you have yourself a great car that you can sell in a year for $85,000

I bet if you actually know how to drive a car, the clutch will last longer than 10k miles.

I spent a good amount of time on the forums trying to determine if that was the case or not when that car was on the list of next cars. There are aftermarket options which last a bit longer, but overall the clutch lifetime seems relatively short on those cars. Longest I've heard of, babying the car was 25-30k.

As someone who puts lots of hard miles on their "fun car" I might actually be looking at a clutch replacement every other year easily, which is just not for me.

I spent a good amount of time on the forums trying to determine if that was the case or not when that car was on the list of next cars. There are aftermarket options which last a bit longer, but overall the clutch lifetime seems relatively short on those cars. Longest I've heard of, babying the car was 25-30k.

As someone who puts lots of hard miles on their "fun car" I might actually be looking at a clutch replacement every other year easily, which is just not for me.

But its a LAAAAAMBO BRO

Manual/egear/both? Egear it makes sense, I just can't imagine why on a traditional manual. Crappy pressure plate? Audi must have let the Italians design the clutch...that's what happens.