Hurry up spring!

FatHemiDude

Wrote this last spring. I want another one of those days bad.

I used a Challenger to time travel yesterday.

At ten in the morning I slowly rumble-rolled out of the car wash bay into a mostly empty parking lot under what I would personally classify as a dead-solid perfect early spring day. Sky the color of....well, blue. But really blue, you know?

I lift the hood and open the doors & trunk lid in the universal ritual display that signifies one is serious about drying.

The trunk is a cornucopia spilling forth not legumes & fruits, but legion automotive beauty products. Small tokens of affection, usually bought without need, but the next tire dressing might be "the one", right?

An hour later the windows are down, the sunroof is open & I'm blasting down a deserted county road with Bon Scott loudly warning me from the speakers that "it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock & roll". He was right, it turns out.

As I consume asphalt as if carried along in the mouth of some great untiring metal cat bounding across the Serengeti, I'm bracketed by freshly-turned fields smelling of dark soil & over everything the growing fragrance of renewal, of a green promise.

I glance up and catch my reflection in the mirror. I wear the grin of someone who is exactly where he wants to be at that moment in time.

And just for a moment, the years fell away and I was a teenager again.

I'm in FL right now, about to fly back to Ohio. This winter sucks lots of dick and I'm seriously going to appreciate every warm day we get this year like a man that flatlined and was resuscitated back to life.

Awesome story to read.

Also, I found out that Nu-Finish is about the cleanest single-stage wax you can use. OT I know...

I'm in FL right now, about to fly back to Ohio. This winter sucks lots of dick and I'm seriously going to appreciate every warm day we get this year like a man that flatlined and was resuscitated back to life.

I hear you. The older I get, the less tolerance I have for Jack Frost. Seriously, fuck that guy.

Awesome story to read.

Thanks. It was a good day.

Also, I found out that Nu-Finish is about the cleanest single-stage wax you can use. OT I know...

First thing I'm doing when I get it out of storage is have one of those mobile detailers go absolutely nuts on it.

The worst part of all this to me, I was stuck at work all day yesterday, saw 10-15 bikes over the period of 10 hours drive past or come in. All the while I'm thinking "I could be out riding, but then would have to put it back up for when winter starts tomorrow" :lolguy:

My end-of-hibernation period is determined by the number of heavy rain since the last salt application, daily temperature, and the date I want to drive a certain car; not all come out at the same time. There is even a possibility that a car will go into temporary hibernation in the middle of summer.