car title loan questions

coleyounger3

Looking at buying a 99 cobra. Guy says he owes money on car and have to go to bank to get title. I understand he has a loan on car i just don't wanna get fucked over and give him the money and he not give me the title. How do I do this with out getting hosed? Thanks for any help. Also can anyone run a Carfax for me? Pm for vin thanks

I've done that exact scenario a couple of times in the past and I've decided that the stress and the risk aren't worth it. Even if I could pay cash for it, I'd use my credit union just to avoid that headache. The last car puchase made me more than happy to pay the loan fee.

I don't see the problem? It's like any other transaction. Setup an appointment with the bank, both go to the bank with the car, bank does paperwork and money is wired when you are happy, once everything is cleared on the spot, then you drive off with car and title..

What's the issue?

Don't give him money till you have the keys and title in hand (in your name), and the car is outside.

Any other outcome leads to being scammed.

I sold a car that I had a loan on before. I didn't scam the guy.

That being said, the buyer made a huge deal out of it and it was a humongous pain in the dick. The seller is better off finding a way to use a credit card to pay off the loan in order to get the title, then selling it. That's what I did with the last car I sold, just to prevent this headache.

I did this with 5/3; I told the bank in advance that I wanted to sell the car. The bank sent the title to the local branch; the buyer gave the bank the money, the bank gave the buyer a signed and notarized title. Super easy.

Lots of good advice here, Dave.

The OP (Dave) is one of my younger brothers. He's the guy who told me about CR. He's a cash for everything-type.

It's a really nice original 2-owner low-miles Cobra 'vert in Performance Red. Hope he picks it up.

Is it slower than my R/T? Well yes, but that's not what's important here.

No I don't hate on him. He is my best friend. When I do find the right car it will be slower for now. But only 8 more years of $884 a month child support then it will be on

Dyno Tune over off Broad is my first stop when I get the R/T out of storage next month.

I'm just saying. :grin2:

Are you certain you were supplied the right vin and typed it in right?

Got the VIN straightened out. But the CARFAX showed the dude was not truthful about a lot of things, including it being a fleet vehicle with 6 previous owners, and he bought the car lass than 90 days ago.

Going to pass.