2001 f150 v6 running rough

wnaplay1647545503

Buddy was driving this back from michigan last week and around toledo it started running rough at 25mph and lower. Anything above that it seemed fine. He took it to a guy who thought it was a camshaft sensor but he replaced that and still exists. Said mechanic may have said something melted but still trying to get more details. Took it to a dealership who said something similar but wanted to do the same thing as the first guy but couldnt guatantee it would fix the problem. Any ideas.

Unfortunately the guy lives an hr away so I havent been able to see the truck myself and her has no mechanical ability. Said he had a crankshaft sensor code. Mechanic charged him $400 to replace something that had been melted. Still the problem wasn't solved so he took it to a dealer that wanted to replace the part again but with an oem one and they stated something about low compression in a valve area, again him trying to explain it to me is like pulling teeth because he has no idea what the dealer told him. Again it drives fine above 25 mph and like shit below.

Now obviously it could be 1 of a million things but the only experience I had similar was years ago in my 01 explorer ST with the 4.0 v6. the TPS sensor went bad ($10 part, 30 second install) and it drove like a huge turd at low speeds. Though if I recall correctly it would surge at idle as well so it may not be what hes suffering from.

Finally got a chance to talk with him about it. They replaced the synchronizer I believe because they stated it was melted. They also replaced the sensor. Problem exists. They also told him one of the valves was at 50% compression(never heard of valve compression in terms like this so this is beyond me). Could this be as simple as a faulty aftermarket sensor or what should I suggest he check?

I had a similar-ish problem There was a rubber hose in the back of engine. In the middle but closer to the passenger side. It has rubbed through.

I was getting a lean condition fault. Might be worth looking. I found it spraying starter fluid in the engine bay.

Worth a check.